Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Brittany

March 28, 2021 at 10:56 am

Hi Joe! Thanks so much for the quick reply. I really appreciate your feedback. The quarter round by the front door sounds like a great idea as well as the caulking option for areas that are cut too high.

I have gone back-and-forth about what to do as far as completely taking it up and starting over or trying to work with it.

The problem is that they used the stairstep pattern of laying the planks in that front room and then switched to the staggered method. And most of the cuts around the walls and the door frames over there are really sloppy.

So I thought about it after our Facebook conversation, I think it would be better to just go ahead and take it all up and start fresh from the kitchen. I think I would only have to work backwards in maybe the fridge and laundry area where the washer and dryer are, but that’s such a small space it wouldn’t be that big of a deal.

When I moved in this house 14 years ago, there was carpet and tile in the downstairs area. I think that’s why the door jams were cut so high because it was pretty thick carpet. I do think I need to replace/repair that casing on the right side of the front door because it got pretty torn up from when they were taking up the tile in that area. The caulking also sounds like a good plan for some other areas as well as the tub.

After watching more of your videos last night, I need to do more prep as well. I have a low spot that I can feel when walking from family room towards the stair area that I want to repair.

I am up for the challenge. I worked really hard to save the money to buy all this flooring so I want to be happy with the finished product.

Thanks again! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Today has been beautiful down here in FL. I am headed out to fix my sprinklers now haha.