Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• john4

June 6, 2023 at 12:12 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for jumping right on this! I’ve watched a bunch of your YouTube content over the last year or two and I like what you have going on and how you go about things in general.

Pretty excited about getting it done! I’m doing prep and demo now.

The house has a daylight basement so this is the upstairs area. It has t&g plywood subflooring with 1/2 chipboard over that. They even mudded in the gaps so I have a pretty good starting point.

The area between the dining and living room is an opening with pocket doors.

The stairs are going down in the picture. I found the overlap stair nose you mentioned and ordered it. I have already purchased the other style to do the stair treads. Haven’t decided if I’m going to do lvp or just white board for the risers yet. The stairs don’t have any kind of trim on them so I’ll have to come up with something there too…I’ve seen some done with what looks like a stringer cut in reverse. If you have any ideas for that I’m all ears.

The yellow areas are done with different plank and tile so I will be doing transitions there. Not worried about trying to line anything up with them.

John