Activity Feed › Forums › Floor Prep › Build up Subfloor to Match ex. Hardwood Floor Height – Oli and Summer › Reply To: Build up Subfloor to Match ex. Hardwood Floor Height – Oli and Summer
Oli & SummerMemberNovember 15, 2022 at 10:14 pm
Thank you very much for all the answers!!! And you were correct – Oli is pronounced as “oh-lee”.
We have finished adding 23/32″ OSB underlayment in the greeting room, dining room, and living room for the 1st level. All the tools you recommended are sooooo needed. Thank you again for sharing all these gems!
Next, we are going to add the OSB underlayment to the hallway, which connects to the laundry room where we just installed tiles (see the attached photos).
- Tile to subfloor is 26/32″
- OSB underlayment 23/32″ + LVP plank 8/32″ = 31/32″
- The height difference is about 5/32″
- Would we need to leave a gap between the OSB underlayment and the tile?
- We haven’t received the T-molding or the Reducer yet and couldn’t test it out. For 5/32″ height difference, which one would you recommend based on the products you have been seeing? Please the attached product dimension.
- If using T-molding, it should be glued down to the OSB underlayment, correct? So the gap between the OSB underlayment and the tile can’t be too big, correct?
- If using Reducer, we can glue it down to the LVP planks?
Thank you very much!
Oli and Summer
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Oli & Summer.