Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Daniel

October 24, 2022 at 2:10 pm

Hi, Joe. I hope all is well with you. It’s been about 8 months since I last checked in here. I had quality issues with some of the flooring (specifically, the stair caps), and didn’t want to start installing anything until I was confident that all of that was resolved. It has been an ordeal, going back and forth with the online retailer and Mohawk. I’m still not sure that it was entirely resolved, but I’m tired of dealing with that, and just going to move ahead. One thing is certain… if I ever have to install flooring again, I will be more judicious in the flooring manufacturer I select, and will be less inclined to purchase from an online retailer.

In the interim, I have had other things done to the house (new roof, new windows and blinds, exterior paint, furnace, etc), as well as a list of other DIY projects. Now that all of those are complete and out of the way, it’s time to knuckle down and focus on this flooring. I will most certainly have to re-subscribe for another year, as my current subscription ends 30-NOV, and I will have barely made a dent in this project by that time.

I just now finished watching the first blueprint videos (of the main floor). I feel fairly confident in my ability to get it done, but I feel a bit of apprehension. As you accurately assessed, I am a perfectionist, and I often feel like I don’t want to start anything until I have full understanding of all of it. There were a few things you mentioned or covered in the main floor video that I didn’t quite grasp, so I will have to re-watch and/or view the other videos you referenced to gain that understanding. If I still have questions, I’ll be sure to send you a message.

Anyhow, this is more or less just a check-in to say hello, since you had not heard form me since FEB. Will be in touch again soon.