Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Underlayment for Lifeproof flooring

• Underlayment for Lifeproof flooring

Posted by Timothy on September 14, 2021 at 12:12 pm

Joe! Thank you for the wonderful resource. I’m preparing to install Life proof Dusk Cherry LVP in a number of rooms in my home. I read through the installation instructions from the manufacturer. The flooring I’ve chosen comes with an attached underlayment. The manufacturer has indicated that I can also add the Life proof universal underlayment if I choose to.

In your experience, is there any benefit to the additional underlayment? I’m installing on a second floor that has a hallway, 4 bedrooms, 1 laundry room, 1 bathroom, and a few walk in closets. I have 3 small children, so noise mitigation may be a factor.

Thanks!

Tim

Joe replied 2 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    September 14, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Yes, there is a benefit to using additional underlayment and if your manufacture states you can, then I would do it. You will have a more solid feel when walking on it and a lot more sound deadening.

• Marena

September 28, 2021 at 11:06 pm

I was looking at this as well. The underlayment approved by home depot was running $60 for 100 square feet. That seems like a lot of money so I am thinking of skipping this and just go with a vapor barrier.

• Timothy

September 29, 2021 at 7:57 am

I decided to use it. It appears to be a very thin piece of styrofoam.

• Joe

Administrator
    September 29, 2021 at 10:29 am

I have not used that underlayment, I only use quiet walk!