Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by April on January 15, 2022 at 9:36 am

My LVP project is finally getting underway. It has no padding so I’m using the recommended underlayment. It’s on a roll. Can I affix it on my concrete in some places to keep it from shifting while I work. I’m taping it together with duct tape too. When we did our trial room I noticed that the underlayment shifted as did the LVP. The LVP you address in my blueprint instruction.

Thanks in advance

April Harvey

Joe replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 15, 2022 at 10:07 am

Yes you can glue the pad down to stop it from moving. This works, it just takes about a half hour to dry enough to stick well.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Roberts-4002-1-Gal-Carpet-Pad-Glue-Adhesive-4002-1/100344385

• Joe

Administrator
      January 15, 2022 at 10:08 am

Duct tape is perfect for the seams.

• April

January 15, 2022 at 1:45 pm

Can I just use that glue in spots but not all over just to tack it down here and there to help from movement?

• Joe

Administrator
    January 15, 2022 at 2:47 pm

Yes

• April

January 15, 2022 at 7:22 pm

Thanks sorry, just one more question. Should I just add underlayment as I go or lay it out for the kitchen say and then when I come to my snapped line outside the kitchen I lay the living room underlayment–attaching it to the kitchen in one continuous set of rows. My worry is that the cats may try to claw it if it’s down too long. I also want to make sure I snap lines on affixed underlayment or concrete.

Thanks

April

• Joe

Administrator
    January 16, 2022 at 7:04 am

Yes, just lay it as you go.