Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Troy on February 28, 2024 at 8:35 am

Thanks for that Feedback, Joe!

I have updated my drawing and reposted it. I’ve included the plank direction I plan to use, the flooring I plan to use (Flooret signature) and the door on that half bath location. My main goal is to do this all with no transitions.

After watching your chalk line videos, and where to start videos, I’ve also included my idea of where I should snap my first few lines. The first one being near the doorway, centering the small hallway/space between my stairs, and the entryway wall where you would first notice the flooring walking in. Then from there another chalk line which would go the entire length east, and west of my kitchen and living room. Hopefully that makes sense but it seems to be in line with what you taught in your videos.

Troy replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 101 Replies
  • 101 Replies
  • Troy

February 28, 2024 at 9:22 am

Here is the new picture with

1.) floor layout direction

2.) Flooring type – FLOORET SIGNATURE (can include pics if you need me to)

3.) Location of 1/2 bath door

4.) Chalk lines

• Joe

Administrator
    February 28, 2024 at 10:12 am
  • Troy

February 28, 2024 at 11:58 am

Thanks for that YouTube video, Joe! Watching it now.

Was that first link above the video meant to be a video reply? It gives an error message once i click on it.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 29, 2024 at 5:02 am

Sorry Troy I was filming yesterday. Here is that link – https://somup.com/cZnuDXpCTc

• Troy

February 29, 2024 at 7:22 am

Joe, that is great info. I appreciate it.

Yeah that starting line is what I’ve been struggling with but I think I get what you’re saying. I know that the bathroom entry way will kind of determine how I want to start.

Will the narrow walkway in front of my stairs be a factor as well? I’d assume I want the planks to be relatively equal and centered in that area so it doesnt look off. I have a video walkthrough for you but cant seem to upload videos! I will take pictures for you to better understand my layout when I go home for lunch today.

1.) I’ve updated the drawing for you. The “open wall” is just a big window opening from our kitchen to the living room. Its not really significant but I initially thought about using my laser level to make a line extending from dining room to the far wall by the fireplace until I found your videos. So you can disregard that lol.

2.) I initially thought of making my first line at the entryway based off of centering in front of my stairs but now that you have pointed out the importance of the 1/2 bath doorway, I see how that would take over as more important.

Thanks! I will try to get you some photos today and maybe see if uploading a video walkthrough is possible as well.

Troy

• Troy

February 29, 2024 at 9:53 am

Hi Joe – Im trying to send a walkthrough of my home so you can get a better idea of layout.

• Troy

February 29, 2024 at 12:18 pm

Here is the official layout. Sorry for the drawing earlier!

• Troy

March 1, 2024 at 2:30 pm

I just did a rough layout with the full-size planks that I have. I think I might luck out… I think I can center the small hallway space between the stairs and wall AND end up inside the bathroom door jamb.

I could always shift this an inch or so, but would this amount be enough?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Troy.
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 2, 2024 at 9:38 am

Perfect!

• Joe

Administrator
    March 2, 2024 at 9:39 am

Perfect the way it is

• Joe

Administrator
    March 5, 2024 at 9:54 am
  • Troy

March 6, 2024 at 7:49 am

Joe, thank you for that very detailed response. I really appreciate it! And really glad to hear that your pain has been low this time around. That’s great and sounds like you will do very well with your recovery!

• I will be ordering my Flooret Signature in Nakan and included a picture of this below. We are planning to install the last week of March since we will have that week off of work.

• Hearing you recommend the layout be based off of the two doorways makes a lot of sense. The good news is the closet is actually not as I had drawn it, as in it is not a true door jamb type of installment so it should be fairly easy. I took a picture to show you. So the only main concern is the 1/2 bath doorway and the entryway from the kids playroom to our dining room. The good news here is that I did a rough layout with the full sized planks i have and both the 1/2 bath doorway and that entryway to the dining room, the planks will end inside the doorways!

• you are correct: both the entryway and the kitchen/living room have the ability to snap a line from end to end. I’ve included pics (not the greatest quality lol) of my laser line showing this. So i should have space to make two chalk lines for my reference points!

• I’m pretty nervous about where to start since I don’t want to mess up and be off when I meet back up in the kitchen. So I’ll be sure to rewatch your videos on this and your most recent response several times over the next few weeks!

• Joe

Administrator
    March 6, 2024 at 9:14 am
  • Troy

March 7, 2024 at 7:42 pm

Joe, I hope you are doing well and progressing with your knee!<div>I called Flooret and I’m ordering my floor tonight. I’m really excited about beginning my install at the end of the month!</div><div>
    </div><div>• I had purchased two full planks of signature, so I made a tentative 10 plank measurement tonight by cutting them into individual sample sizes. I will of course do this again once my plank actually comes so it will be accurate, but this is at least giving me an idea of my layout and distances. (As well as scrap pieces for my cheater board, anchors, etc…)</div>

•so my question is about how to utilize the 10plank system for my setting.

If i snap my first line in between the stairs/wall, Do I just take the distance that would fit the max amount of full planks from this initial line to snap my second line into the kitchen? Based all off the exact measurements and number of planks using the 10 plank system?

• Joe

Administrator
    March 8, 2024 at 11:39 am
Page 1 of 7