Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Table Saw Blade Recommendation?

• Table Saw Blade Recommendation?

Posted by crystabel on February 22, 2023 at 3:22 pm

Hi Joe,

I’m wondering what sort of saw blade you would recommend to cut the long cuts for lvp on a table saw? My husband doesn’t want to do the long cuts with the jigsaw because – in his words – he totally sucks at making a straight line. 🙂

I’ve been looking through the tools page, other forum posts (could have missed it), and the basic & advanced cutting videos but didn’t quite find the information I was looking for. I noticed you referenced using a table saw in the jigsaw video so I’m assuming it is okay to use one?

Also, how much would you recommend the vinyl cutter vs a mitre saw? We have a mitre saw already, so i wouldn’t mind saving the expense. On the other hand, if it will save a bunch of time (and if i’ll go through so many saw blades that the expense will be comparable) I don’t mind buying it. Is it easy to press down and make the cut?
    I see that this one will actually also cut length wise, would that be better than the table saw?
    https://www.tools4flooring.com/d-cut-ak-360-universal-flooring-cutter.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAl9efBhAkEiwA4TorillWzFNGO0t7VOL7ZAogtfOLdOdZi57-5frbYu3jp1d2HvFwjyaJ2BoCHDsQAvD_BwE

Joe replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 22, 2023 at 3:40 pm
  • crystabel

February 22, 2023 at 5:49 pm

Thank you for the response!
    The cutter is a bit pricey, but the convenience and accuracy in cutting seems worth it. After my “quick” shower remodel – and spending days going outside over and over to cut tiles- I like the idea of it being right inside and less mess involved.

Now that the shower is finally finished I’m very excited to get going on these floors and have been watching the videos again to refresh my memory.

I’ll be sure to get before and after pics.

~Darcie

• Joe

Administrator
    February 23, 2023 at 9:15 am

Perfect Darcie!