Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Starting my floor – single level

• Joe

Administrator
    April 26, 2021 at 8:54 am
  • Scott

April 28, 2021 at 9:09 am

Do you have a trick to get these angled planks popped in. I have a pull bar but it is at angle and sometimes damaged end.

Do I need to plane and glue the seam?

• Joe

Administrator
    April 28, 2021 at 9:57 am

Here you go – http://somup.com/crfu28Fu1d

• Scott

April 29, 2021 at 8:39 pm

Hey Joe. Hope all is well. So, I ordered 110% of my flooring. I should have ordered a little more. There were quite a few pieces damaged, but they were mostly damaged on the corners, so I was able to use most of those pieces. So, I guess most of the unusable scrap I have is my mistakes and lots of angle cuts which I could not use.

Anyway, long story short, I think I need 2 more cases and it seems there is no more available at any Home Depot near by. I have yet to go into the store to see if I can get some, but I find this very odd. Have you ever had this happen? I have not done the entry way yet, so I could finish everything but that, and do a transition with different stuff for entry way, if I had to, but I really would rather just finish it with same material. Do you have any advice? I am going to visit the stores and check others, but I think Home Decor is only Home Depot product.

It is home decorations High Gloss Bramber.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 30, 2021 at 8:27 am
  • Scott

May 3, 2021 at 9:33 am

Alright Joe, I went to Home Depot and they found some places online. I have yet to call there because I might have just enough to finish. Let’s see.

Anyway, I have ran onto an issue with my stairs. I have overlapping stair nose laminate. Your video says to cut current stairs nose flush, I attempted to do that but the whole piece came out so there is half inch by half inch missing to make the riser and the subfloor flush. Should I cut some scrap particle board and glue and Brad nail in then mount stair nose? Or should I remove this riser, well I don’t think it is riser. It appears to be half inch plywood nailed to riser, but I dont know how far down it goes. I have already got myself in a little trouble because the skirt had some notched wood which I will have to figure out how to hide..

I am going to move on with my install. I will wait for your response and just bring laminate up to end which will give me half inch expansion if you want me to add piece or if you have another option in mind, please let me know. I dont think that riser backing will pull easy.

• Scott

May 3, 2021 at 9:42 am

Also these nails or staples appear to come from the other side which I don’t have access To. So cut them flush with wire cutters?

• Joe

Administrator
    May 3, 2021 at 9:45 am
Page 2 of 2