Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Stairs

Tagged: 

• Stairs

Posted by Brittany on April 11, 2021 at 3:59 pm

Hi Joe! Do you have a stair installation video? I am trying to plan phase 2 of my project while waiting for a tool to arrive.

Brittany replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 12, 2021 at 9:10 am
    • Brittany

April 13, 2021 at 6:11 pm

Thank you Joe! I ordered Coretec stair treads that matched my flooring and white risers. I haven’t actually opened them yet because I am working on the floor first. I watched the stair nose video and I think for right now I will need that on my stair landing. I have carpet in my upstairs still so I will keep that very top step/second floor with carpet for now.

• Brittany

April 13, 2021 at 6:12 pm
  • Brittany

April 13, 2021 at 6:14 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 14, 2021 at 9:49 am

will that tread fit over your existing treads? In the pic you shared with me it appears the tread they are going over is an actual stair tread and your stair treads are 2×10’s. The measurement says 1.70 inches, but I am still not sure they will fit correctly. You should open a box and find out or call and ask them.

• Brittany

April 16, 2021 at 3:13 pm

Hi Joe, I am so glad you suggested to try them because they do not fit. I only had 30 days to return them and I cut it to the wire. I am going to have to go with solid oak treads and replace the 2x10s. I am going to get this floor done and then start planning for that project. I priced them out at home depot and they are much cheaper than the LVT treads. The only issue I foresee is the landing area. I need to decide what to do about that.