Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep sand out high spots or take up subfloor

• sand out high spots or take up subfloor

Posted by bruce.lauro on December 26, 2021 at 11:35 am

Hello joe! I have really enjoyed all you videos and have found them all to be very helpful. I am in the process of preparing my condo for a vinyl plank installation. It was built in the early 90s with 24 inch on center joists and 3/4 tongue and groove plywood. I have several areas with significant bowed joists. I took up the plywood in both spots and and I am fixing both by planeing down the joist. It Is amazing to me that a small bow such as 1/8 can throw a floor off that much. I haven’t tried to sand down the plywood for a few reasons. One is that I do not have a floor edger and even with a 60 grit belt on a belt sander I get nowhere fast. the second is that I am concerned about taking that much material of of the plywood. my question is what do you feel is the most you would attempt to sand off of a 3/4 plywood subfloor and have you ever gotten in trouble by sanding too much. also if you ever do take up a subfloor It would be a great video to show people on your site. thanks and all the best to you and your family in the coming year!

• This discussion was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  bruce.lauro.
    bruce.lauro replied 2 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply