Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Ready for a screencast. Picture uploaded.

Tagged: 

• Ready for a screencast. Picture uploaded.

Posted by Danny on February 27, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Hey, Joe. Again, thanks for the website and personal assistance. I am ready for a screencast and uploaded my picture. I would like a floor without transitions throughout the kitchen, living room, entry, hallway, closets and bathroom. I think the best way to run the planks are East-West, due to the length and sunlight entry. I was contemplating running my initial chalk line from the entry through the living room and working North-South from there. I’m not sure where the best place to start would be.

I am working with Floor & Decor, NuCORE LVP in Cheyenne. Each plank is 6.5mm thick, 5.75″ wide, 47.95″ long, has an attached cork backing and a 22 mil wear layer.

I am picking up/ordering your recommended tools today. I am excited to get started and welcome any assistance you can give me.

Danny

Danny replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 1, 2021 at 9:29 am

Hey Danny, here is your Installation Blueprint. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

http://somup.com/creVouDGNF

• Danny

March 3, 2021 at 8:18 pm

Thank you. That’s a lot to digest. I appreciate the time and detailed explanation. We had a little set back, as the baseboard will be closer to the floor on reinstallation and had to remove/patch the raised paint line on the wall where the top of the baseboard met the wall. Decided on new paint for the walls before the floor install.

A question popped into my head while taping off the trim. It appears the undercutting I did for our current laminate floor will leave a small gap since the LVP is thinner. If it’s noticeable, can I put a thin bead of caulk in the gap and finger it smooth?

Thanks again,

Danny

• Danny

March 3, 2021 at 8:36 pm

Also, I noticed a bit of hesitation when you said I wanted to run the planks East-West. My thinking was the only area that would leave visible short planks was about 3 feet in the main hallway between the stairs and secondary hallway. The rest of the floor would be long runs. I would like your honest opinion and the pros/cons of each direction.

Thank you,

Danny

• Danny

March 8, 2021 at 10:51 am

It’s coming along nicely. Perfectly straight. You da’ man!

• Joe

Administrator
    March 4, 2021 at 8:47 am

Yes you can run a bead of silicone along the trim. You can use the method that I share in this video.

https://laminateuniversity.sothatshowyoudothat.com/how-to-caulk-a-bath-tub/

I did not hesitate because the direction you chose, I was just looking at it as a coin toss. I think that you chose correctly and there really are not any pro’s or con’s to which direction you decided to go with in this particular install.

I know I gave you a lot to follow in the Installation Blueprint, so just break it down into smaller sections and use it as you move forward.

How to caulk a bath tub