Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Quiet Walk

• Quiet Walk

Posted by pd.calvin on January 27, 2023 at 1:43 pm

Hey Joe,

Really enjoying your course here. I’ve learned so much already from hours on YouTube and here. I just finished leveling the first room in my house. I saw your Quiet Walk recommendation. I live in Southern California. It’s pretty darn dry here most of the year. As you may know we had some pretty good rain here recently. My concrete foundation seemed damp when i pulled up the carpet, but I’ve primed it well and the leveling underlayment set up nicely. Do you still think it would be best to use the Quiet Walk? I’m using Provenza LVP. I’ll have my blueprint to you in a day or two. Just curious if I should procure the Quiet Walk in the meantime. Here is a link to the product I’m using. https://www.provenzafloors.com/waterprooflvp/detail?sku=PRO2111&color=Posh%20Beige&collection=Uptown%20Chic

Thanks for your time,

Paul “Duncan” Calvin

pd.calvin replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 27, 2023 at 1:56 pm

It is a tongue and groove so the locking system should be able to handle having pad under it if you want to add it. I personally use a pad more for feel, then for protection. What I am saying is I would not worry about the moisture barrier because it is on concrete. If you have a moisture problem, you should not put LVP over it anyway. Sounds like you do not have an issue to me, just a lot of unusual rain. Another good pad to use with vinyl plank is sentinel from floor and decor if you decide to go with a pad.

• pd.calvin

January 27, 2023 at 3:17 pm

Thanks Joe!