Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Question regarding beset practices for installation of underlayment

• Question regarding beset practices for installation of underlayment

Posted by Doug on May 25, 2022 at 9:35 am

@joeletendre Hope that all is well with you and your family! Having recently finished remodeling my son’s house, I’m now returning to finish the floor in my home. The most annoying aspect of this job, in my opinion, is installing the underlayment. It just does not want to lay down flat. I’ve tried taping it and putting cheater blocks on the corners to hold it down, but none of these ideas work well. My underlayment is Sentinel’s Protect Plus line. Any chance you may have a “best practices” video on this subject? As an aside, I need to continue installing the underlayment because the areas of my completed floor already have this material underneath the planks. Thanks, Joe!

Doug replied 1 year, 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 25, 2022 at 5:21 pm

You can staple the pad down!

• Doug

May 27, 2022 at 4:48 am

@joeletendre I failed to mention that my floor is concrete. 🤣

• Joe

Administrator
    May 27, 2022 at 6:30 am
  • Doug

May 27, 2022 at 9:21 am

@joeletendre That’s a perfect solution, Joe! I wish I had asked you this question before I put the underlayment and planks down in my family room and kitchen. Sorry I confused you with my photo. That photo is showing a Hardiboard subfloor. I had to install 1/2 inch Hardiboard in the rooms that were previously carpet to raise the floor to the same as the tile that I am covering with planks in the hallways and kitchen. Much appreciated, bud!