Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Question concerning stair riser prep

• Question concerning stair riser prep

Posted by Doug on October 12, 2021 at 10:06 am

@joeletendre First a HUGE thank you to you, Joe, for your assistance to get me started. I have attached 2 pictures of the first of my vinyl plank installation on our second floor landing and hallway. It turned out great and I have you to thank!

I have also installed 2 pictures of stairs. The finished stair picture with white risers is what I want my end results to look like. The unfinished stair picture is what I have now. I was planning to “fill in” the riser to bring the riser flush with each tread, but as you can see in the picture with my black markings, the depth from each riser to stair tread varies from 3/4″ up to 1 1/4″. I just not sure how to get each riser flush with each tread. Any suggestions? Thank you for your continued assistance!

Doug replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    October 12, 2021 at 10:38 am
    • Doug

October 12, 2021 at 1:56 pm

@joeletendre your prompt responses just blow my mind, Joe! I apologize for giving you partial details regarding my plans for our stairs. I have attached (2) photos to answer your questions. I am planning to use planks on the steps and the nose as seen in the picture on each step. Just this morning I watched your video on how to install vinyl on steps and I realized that I had the wrong nose. Unfortunately Floor & Decor does not sell a flush nose for my NUCOR flooring so I will have to use what they provided to me as you will see in the pics. Your feedback is appreciated, Joe.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 12, 2021 at 3:05 pm
    • Doug

October 12, 2021 at 3:58 pm

@joeletendre Thank you for your helpful and timely advice, Joe. I get it and I’ll run with your recommendation. Thanks for your compliments on the flooring work I have started. First time for me and it has been fun due to the support you have given me.