Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Project Drawings for screencast assistance.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 22, 2022 at 5:37 am

Hey Gene can you answer some questions for.me?

http://somup.com/crXF2q0XS8

• Gene

January 22, 2022 at 7:54 am

Joe,

Hope you are enjoying your travels. Prayers for safe travels.

On this blueprint I will be installing over a wood subfloor.

I have attached the drawing so the top is now north. there are a couple of glitches with the lines, I couldn’t get the one wall to be straight by the tub and the one on the north east corner is a bit too long, that should just be a corner.

My thought was to run the plank starting from the northwest corner in the bedroom and working to the east, working my way south and out to the doorway and landing area and stairs, that creates a small area in the bathroom where I will have to work backwards.

My plank is Lowe’s ProCore plus DoveTail Oak

with the long tongue side toward the wall the tongue on the end is to the left, and the end groove is to the right.

Thanks Joe!

• Joe

Administrator
    January 24, 2022 at 9:40 am

Gene, I am having some computer issues and I will get this done once I get this figured out. Thank you for your patience.

• Gene

January 24, 2022 at 9:57 am

No worries. If you need a better drawing just let me know. Some of the measurements are a bit off, but the layout of the rooms is pretty accurate. The vanity in the bathroom is actually split with drawers on one side and sink on the other and space in the middle where I will need to install the LVP.

The big walk in closet has removable units, drawers, etc. Is it best to remove these and install the flooring or leave them and install around them?

Thanks for all your help.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 31, 2022 at 9:35 am

Hey Gene, here is your upstairs blueprint – http://somup.com/c3Vwo4ZC6v

• Gene

January 31, 2022 at 11:14 am

Thanks Joe for the great walk thru. I am excited to get started. Just a couple of notes regarding the blueprint video. The doorway coming out of the bedroom is at an angle. Basically where the west and south walls would meet the door is installed on that corner coming out to the stairway and landing area. Not sure if that slight angle changes anything, but I wanted you to know. The first couple of stairs are at an angle as well.

Also, the landing area has a wall on the north end and east end but the west and south is banister.

I am in Northwest Ohio and we are preparing for a major winter storm later this week.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 31, 2022 at 11:59 am

Watch this gene – http://somup.com/c3Vwb9ZCTs

• Gene

January 31, 2022 at 12:22 pm

Will do.

One more question. When measuring to make the reference line, do you measure from the Sheetrock or from the 2×4 footer behind the sheetrock? Does it matter as long as I am consistent with what I use? I have at least a half inch gap from the subfloor to the sheetrock in most places.. sometimes its a bit more and others a bit less.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 31, 2022 at 12:58 pm

You can measure from the sheetrock.

• Gene

February 1, 2022 at 5:23 pm

Joe, my video no longer plays?

• Joe

Administrator
    February 1, 2022 at 10:17 pm

Which video Gene? I just checked them and they are working on my end? I sent you another video today with sime queations, did you see that?

• Gene

February 1, 2022 at 10:31 pm

I finally got it to play, not sure what was going on. I did not see the video and questions

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Gene.
      • Gene

February 2, 2022 at 5:53 pm

Here’s what the video does sometimes. I click on the link. it opens this tab and the video appears in the upper left corner with a play button, but it doesn’t play.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 2, 2022 at 5:59 am

It is in your other thread, but here it is – http://somup.com/c3nVYeZEqq

• Joe

Administrator
    February 2, 2022 at 6:00 am

My hosting company might have been doing some maintenance that made it unavailable at the time you tried.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Joe.
    • Gene

February 2, 2022 at 8:43 am

Just watched the video with your questions. You are correct in the direction. the top is North and I would like to run the plank as you did. from west to east.

I haven’t decided what to do about the curve and tile. I have considered removing it back to a spot where its a straight edge, but that entails a whole series of prep work and hopefully not damaging any of the remaining tile in the process. I will look into the flexible transitions, but wow they are expensive.

My plank is 7 inches wide and is a drop and lock style plank

• Joe

Administrator
    February 2, 2022 at 10:19 am

Gene, is the main floor a concrete slab?

• Gene

February 2, 2022 at 10:21 am

Yes the main floor is on a slab

• Joe

Administrator
    February 2, 2022 at 11:40 am

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/c3nnbkZGMC

• Gene

February 2, 2022 at 12:55 pm

Joe, thanks so much for your assistance. I feel much more confident after watching the video and your explanation.

I have attached a picture of the area in the bathroom that is a bit confusing. Just wanted you to know what the area was in case it changed anything in your approach.

Also, any advice on how best to manage the curve on the tile, or cut it away to get a straight edge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Joe. God bless you.

• Gene

January 14, 2023 at 4:08 pm

Here’s the 1st floor drawing

• Joe

Administrator
    February 2, 2022 at 1:17 pm
    • Gene

February 2, 2022 at 1:45 pm

Joe,

you are correct that is the closet door on the north end. its a closet under the staircase and no one will ever see it. Thanks for the update.

I am really undecided as to what I will do with the tile. I prefer to leave the curve because it just looks really nice. and that is a cabinet and kitchen counter top at the other end. The closer end is the beginning of the stairs.

Your perspective is very helpful. I am going to research some of the flexible transitions to see what would work and look best. That option seems to be the easiest, but maybe not the best. Again thanks so much for your perspective and professional advice. You make everything seem so much more doable!

• Joe

Administrator
    February 3, 2022 at 8:24 am

Hey Gene, what are you watching these videos on?

• Gene

February 3, 2022 at 9:54 am

I use either Google Chrome or MS Edge to access your site. I am not sure, but it seems that if i go to the Notifications link, then to the read notifications to find the link.. that’s when it does it. I think if I just go to the Forum and find my post it works fine. Thanks for getting back to me.

I do have a question about my install. As it worked out, I am going to have about an 1 inch to 1.5 inch piece along the tub. what’s the best way to manage that?

• Gene

February 6, 2022 at 3:47 pm

still have issues playing the videos 🙁

• Joe

Administrator
    February 3, 2022 at 11:39 am

I would put some clear gorilla glue in the joint to ensure it does not come apart.

Page 1 of 3