Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Ken on May 30, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Hi Joe. I am in need of an installation blueprint. Here are some photos of floor plan. I am using Supercore XLT. It is 9 inches wide by 72 inches long. Floor will be placed in hall and living areas (no bedrooms or baths). I will be placing floor same direction as longest walls. What you don’t see in diagram is bump-ins in hallway (in front of shower). I’ve attached a picture. Each bump is approx. 4 inches. Plus with doorways in bedroom and bath along same wall, I am perplexed on how to measure. Plus, other side of kitchen has to line up with dining room. What else do you need for us moving forward? My flooring is in warehouse and being shipped next week.

Joe replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 31, 2021 at 12:22 pm
  • Ken

May 31, 2021 at 6:26 pm

Hi Joe. Thank you for replying. I’ve uploaded a new photo of floor plan (sorry about that). Yes, the planks will run north to south and be in hallway from front bedroom (by laundry), landing area, hallway extended to living room, in dining room and kitchen. I do not have a picture of plank. I will receive them in the upcoming week and provide a real photo then. The lock system is called valinge 5GC drop and lock. It clicks and locks into place.

Some dimensions for the hall by laundry. The front bedroom doorway is 34 inches. The stair wood casing to laundry room tile is 47 inches. Small spot of hall between laundry and ac closet to stair casing is 42 7/8inches. Stair casing to tile in ac closet is 46 inches. If you would like pictures I can provide.

I can give you any dimensions you would like. The landing and hallway is kind of complex (I think). Bumpouts and bumpins and tile in bath to opposite wall all vary in width. Walls seem to be off a little too.

Also, I am not removing floor casing/molding. Molding is 3/4 inches thick and is 3/8 inch off cement floor. Plank is 5/16 thick and appears to fit under if need be.

• Joe

Administrator
    June 1, 2021 at 9:21 am
    • Ken

June 3, 2021 at 10:22 am

Good morning sir. I am breaking this response into a few emails. First few times my response disappeared half way through.

Here are more pics. I live in a condo up on second floor. As per floor plan, stairs are at bottom right. Pics are stairs up to landing area. Landing area from bedroom to bedroom. And utility hall taken from from bedroom to landing area.

• Ken

June 3, 2021 at 10:26 am

Pics here are hall to living room. Bump-in and angled entry to bedroom. And reverse hall from living to landing area. I think the most concerned/important areas for centering and looks would be landing area and halls. I use and see these areas multiple times daily.

• Ken

June 3, 2021 at 10:32 am

Pics are living room, living to dining room and dining room back into kitchen. Kitchen also has entry from hallway.

I need major help with transitions. I have plank meeting 4 bedrooms that will be carpeted. What transitions do I use? How far into door jam do I lay plank? I also have plank meeting 3 tiled areas. Laundry area, ac closet and bathroom in hall. Again, what transitions do I use? Tile is already layed in these areas so how far do I put plank to tile?

Also, what the heck do I do with all the furniture?

• Ken

June 3, 2021 at 10:40 am

Major concern is my baseboards. I am planning on leaving these in place for installation. Good idea/bad idea? I can not find replicate baseboards anywhere, so if I take them off and break a couple, I am in a heap of trouble. My baseboards are 3/4 inch thick. If lay plank up to base, I am leaving a 3/4 (at least) inch gap on each wall. My plank does fit under all baseboards. Is there a way to get it under baseboards without removing the baseboards???

• Ken

June 3, 2021 at 10:44 am

Last item for now. I know in one of your videos you say you do not like the flush stair nose, and only use the other kind. The only one that matches is a flush, but flooring co said there is a channel or groove that floor fits into. Ever hear of this? Would this be ok?

• Joe

Administrator
    June 3, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Watch this and please respond to the questions I asked. http://somup.com/cr1eYDqT0q

• Ken

June 4, 2021 at 10:22 am

Hi Joe. I keep on writing long responses and somehow 3/4 of the way through I lose them. So, I will break this one down.

You can go ahead with the blueprint. Floor isn’t being delivered till Monday. I’m sure planks are like all others with flattish sides being left and top, and “stickout” sides being right and bottom. I have included two pics from weshipfloors website of my floor. Hopefully you can see what you need.

• Ken

June 4, 2021 at 10:34 am

The railing. Carpet went around the squares (two of them) I would like to do the same thing plank.

• Ken

June 4, 2021 at 10:49 am

Transitions. What are my options for each?

Laundry area. Will be plank to tile. First pic. There seems to cloth/tape? laid in front of tile. Discoloration is where nails where for tact strip. Should I take this tape out?

Ac closet. Plank to tile. Same as laundry. Remove cloth/tape?

Hall bath. Same as previous two areas. Plank to tile. Same tape plus areas of thinset. Remove?

Bedroom(s) Just one photo of bedrooms. All are the same except for opening width. Same trans or different? I am putting down plank before having all bedrooms re-carpeted. Where do I end plank in threshold?

• Ken

June 4, 2021 at 11:03 am

I think we should start in this corner and run to livig room end. Continue on and then work backwards towards laundry – ac hall to front bedroom? Thoughts? This is where the blueprint comes into play.

Thanks for all your patience Joe. God Bless you

• Joe

Administrator
    June 4, 2021 at 1:25 pm

I will get this on my schedule and have it to you in the morning.

• Joe

Administrator
    June 5, 2021 at 7:44 am

HERE IS YOUR BLUEPRINT – http://somup.com/cr1hl5qtgI