Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Members Completed Project Gallery Not completed, but finally STARTED

• Not completed, but finally STARTED

Posted by wcurtispreston on April 24, 2022 at 10:39 pm

Given how hard it was to get the LVP in the first place, and how challenging it was to level the floor here, I feel like I’ve accomplished so much, even though I’ve only got the first three rows down. Joe, you should recognize the methods here.

For the curious, this is a partioned off section of my garage that I’m turning into a woodshop, complete with LVP. I’m using it as a place to practice my skills before unleashing them in the main living area. 🙂

Joe replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 25, 2022 at 5:08 am

Looks great buddy!

• wcurtispreston

May 4, 2022 at 12:15 pm

All done! I learned a lot along the way, and I have a few questions.

1. Now that it’s done, I can feel a few low spots. I guess I didn’t catch them all. (They sound and feel slightly different as you walk across them.). I suppose that will adjust over time.
    2. There were a few spots where I didn’t quite get the butt joints right (meaning there is a slight gap). Your best trick for fixing them after the fact?

I saw this video on youtube and it looks like a pretty good idea. That tool will likely come in use while doing the rest of the rooms.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_XKrS0_YHo

• Joe

Administrator
    May 4, 2022 at 12:49 pm

The floor will settle over time. You can sure use that method, that is pretty creative!