Thanks in advance for all the work you do! Love the videos on youtube so after a few days of watching them of course I had to join immediately! 🙂
Attached is a blueprint (and three pics) if you have time to review for a house my mother is buying (and I’ll try to do her floors before she moves in). My main question is can I start longways in hallway “B” to run the width of the Living/Dining (and width of the kitchen too) which I think will be more visually appealing? BUT… if I do that… the entry hallway “A” would have to be “sideways” (I think) if I avoid transitions. Appreciate any thoughts you have.
1) this house has closets EVERYWHERE. Basically if there was dead space in the walls they added a closet so that’ll be fun.
2) Floors would (hopefully) continue into the three bedrooms (but not the full or half bath).
3) I attached three pics if they help (including hallway A which would be “sideways”)
4) I think I know the answer to this from your videos, but that linoleum needs to come up, right? that fake brick stuff has the slightest texture to it, but just wanted to confirm since it won’t be fun to rip it all up 🙂
5) she doesn’t close until the end of May, so that day I’ll be able to start taking the carpet out (and confirm what’s under that linoleum).
Joe – this is outstanding, thank you so much! Makes sense to hold off on any follow up (if needed) until I’m into the work, so if it comes up at that time I’ll reply with questions or tricky areas. Bless you for starting this service – watching this was the best hour I’ve spent on this whole house (we have a LOT of work to do)! Thanks, Chris