Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Scott on April 6, 2022 at 4:59 pm

Hello Joe:

Attached is the rough floor plan of the house,… Taking in everything you have said in the videos, I am considering starting at the foyer/living room running the laminate east to west…

My goal will be to reach the kitchen,dining & breakfast room (kdb room) and have a straight run into the doorway labeled as “to den”.

From watching your videos, starting in the foyer/LR gives me the straightest wall and I can measure out the line that will run from the kdb room into the den.

One consideration I have; the hallway is roughly 42″ wide and my planks are about 48? I assume I should break up the hallway planks and not just lay them down one after another.

Enclosed is the pdf.

Thoughts??

Joe replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 7, 2022 at 5:39 am
  • Scott

April 7, 2022 at 12:31 pm

I went back and cleaned up the drawing a bit… I also measured out 10 planks and they are 61 3/8″

Hope this answers a few questions.

• Scott

April 7, 2022 at 12:51 pm

Hello Joe:

I also sent you an invite for an apple link to some pictures and video of the upcoming job.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 7, 2022 at 12:55 pm

I am not seeing anything that you posted, did you watch my video I sent?

• Scott

April 7, 2022 at 1:34 pm

That is interesting. Yes, I watched the video.. Very helpful… I sent a link to some videos… I also went through the steps to upload a new drawing…. Not sure why it did not upload…. I resent the link to you…

• Joe

Administrator
    April 7, 2022 at 2:00 pm

I really am not sure why the link is not showing, but here is my email if you could send it there – floormechanics@gmail.com

• Scott

April 8, 2022 at 9:48 am

Hello Joe:

I show the updated drawing sent to you above at 4/7 1334 et. Regarding the pictures and links, I sent those to you via the email you provided… Were you able to receive those pictures via email?

As I said in an earlier post, I did watch your video and I returned the drawing and pictures that show the kitchen cabinets and the additional den. Except for the garage, the whole floor area is to be planked.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 8, 2022 at 11:10 am

Got everything Scott and I will get on this today.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 8, 2022 at 4:32 pm

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/c3fjrwOoVN

• Scott

April 10, 2022 at 2:57 pm

Hello Joe:

I watched the video… makes sense… thanks for taking time to put it together… I did have two new questions.

1) You asked if I was going to use additional padding… The product has a pad on it… I thought uses 2x padding caused issues?

2) I have a upward bow in the kitchen floor, which runs perpendicular from the sink out into the the floor area… It is about 1/2″ and you can notice it when you walk in front of the sink.

Previously we had a nail down engineered oak floor and the nails held the the flooring to the subfloor… My research says to cut out a portion of the 4×8 subfloor and then plane the joist down and then fasten sister joists along side and reattach the cut out section… I have a power plane. I needed that to make sure my studs were plumb in the bathroom tile job…

Thanks,

Scott

• Joe

Administrator
    April 11, 2022 at 5:15 am