Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    November 30, 2021 at 4:15 pm

It looks great Joe, you grabbed it by the horns and got it done! It will get easier for you as you do another room.

• Joseph

November 30, 2021 at 6:29 pm

BR2 Layout.

Plywood subfloor, N/S plank orientation, 10 planks = 74 7/8 in

This file was truncated for preview. Please download to view the full file.
  • Joe

Administrator
    December 1, 2021 at 8:50 am

I will have this done by tomorrow.

• Joe

Administrator
    December 1, 2021 at 11:52 am

not sure what happened, but I am unable to open your file.

• Joe

Administrator
    December 1, 2021 at 3:48 pm

I have a few questions – http://somup.com/crlVrJ0vUd

• Joseph

December 1, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Joe,

My bad. I rewatched your how to video on Sketchboard. Here is the jpg file.

Am leaving carpet in the closet and yes it opens on the long side. The track at the bottom of the closet doors sits on the carpet. The lazy way would be to leave the track where it is and bring the east edge of the laminate to it. Maybe cut the carpet so I could pin a flap between the track and the laminate. Almost like zbar but verticle.

If that sounds too cheesy, don’t hesitate to call the foul. If you have any recommendations, then I will probably do it your way just out of respect for your knowledge.

Joe

• Joe

Administrator
    December 1, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Share pics of that and I can better help. I have a really easy fix for that if the situation is how I am seeing it.

• Joe

Administrator
    December 1, 2021 at 4:26 pm

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/crlV3O0vy2

• Joseph

December 1, 2021 at 6:18 pm

Hey Joe,

I watched the blueprint and understand. I have attached more pictures of the closet but think you guessed the layout already.

The storey on the closet is this: It’s my mom’s house and I asked her if she wanted laminate inside the closet or leave the carpet. She said carpet and I think she was just trying to save me soatme work. I talked to her some more and she really doesn’t have a strong preference.

Just now I removed one of the doors easily and the track is just screwed down, also easy to pull out. If new pictures give you new thoughts, then let me know.

Back to the blueprint, the midpoint of the room is 69″ from E and W walls. With my 7 1/2″ planks this leaves 1 1/2 ” at each wall so I will move chalk line over by 1/2 of a plank. East wall in closet is the same as the room East wall if I decide to extend the laminate ( right now I very much like your idea of ending the laminate under the closet track and securing it to the floor with screws.

Joe

• Joe

Administrator
    December 2, 2021 at 9:09 am