Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Flooring Reviews LVP on Manufactured Home Marriage Line

• LVP on Manufactured Home Marriage Line

Posted by nickandmistyc on June 26, 2024 at 12:44 am

I am tearing out the carpet in my living room and a bedroom in a doublewide mobile home. I have 2 disabled adults in wheelchairs, one of the chairs being a power chair that weighs between 500 & 600 pounds.

For reference, the wood subfloor is living room. I am placing LVP in this room. The linoleum is in the kitchen and hallway. I am not replacing these. The photo with the carpet that meets the linoleum is the bedroom I will be installing LVP in and I haven’t pulled the carpet up yet.

Question #1: All LVP in my house has stopped and I’m left with problems I don’t know how to fix and we are stuck in a mess. My biggest problem right now is the marriage line between the kitchen and living room. The brown floor in the pic is the linoleum in the kitchen. I have found that some of the wood subflooring in the living room is higher than the linoleum in the kitchen and some of it is lower. This is causing dips and humps in the LVP. I noticed this when I laid the transition piece down to try to lay out what I was doing before I got started. It caused some of the planks to be lifted off of the floor while the others laid flat. I’m not sure what to do since this is directly on a marriage line and there are some humps on each side.

Question #2: What transition should I use between the living room (Which i will be installing the plank in) and the kitchen? This normally doesn’t seem like it would be difficult but there is a marriage line with a gap between 1/4″ & 1/2″ wide right where the transition will happen, it seems to me that I would need a transition that “T’d” into the marriage line and acted as a ramp toward the kitchen but I’m having difficulty finding what i have in my mind. Notice the bedroom door and most transitions I can find would stick out.

Question #3: What sort of trim do I use around the hearth of my fireplace since it is not a flat surface?

Question #4: I’m keeping the carpet in the master bedroom, should I put the transition in the middle of the door jambs, the outer edge or the inner edge of the door jamb?

& Finally, Question #4: the transition from the hallway to the bedroom is also causing me confusion, the marriage line runs right across the outer edge of the doorjamb, and the linoleum in the hallway ends at that marriage line. Where should I put the transition here and will the marriage line have an affect? I also think this should be some sort of a ramping transition as this is the room where my sons heavy wheelchair will be coming and going.

I know this is confusing and I’ve tried to find a way to make it make sense. I have attached pictures and hope they help. Let me know if you need anything else.

Joe replied 3 months ago 2 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies