Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    November 21, 2022 at 10:26 am
  • jrlewis

November 21, 2022 at 11:07 am

Joe,

Thanks for the initial information. For starters the jr is for James Robert, but I go by Bob. Pleasure to meet you!

We will be going with the East/West scenario you outline. The laminate is the Mohawk brand sold at Costco with a 12mm thickness and 2mm attached pad. If extra padding would be beneficial let me know. The nook is 9′ wide and the run starting outside the nook would be ~27′.

Looking forward to working on this project with you.

Bob Lewis

• Joe

Administrator
    November 23, 2022 at 12:52 pm

here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c3X0F7w1Jk

• jrlewis

December 26, 2022 at 5:31 pm

Joe,

Hope the day fines you well. I’m guessing you have gotten a bit of snow up your way. In the Seattle area we had a little and some freezing rain, but thankfully it is all gone.

Want to thank you for all you do. All your videos and the blueprint you created has been invaluable and saved me many hours work. We had a little delay getting started with the household getting sick and discovering the previous owners used tile adhesive to glue the tile cement backer board to the wood subfloor instead of using thinset in the kitchen and laundry room. The only way we found to get it off was using an 8″ grinder with a dust shroud and a diamond cup wheel. It was quite a bit of work. Still have some to do in the laundry room.

I’m at the point where I’m snapping reference lines to go up through the dining room/living room and hallway. It is at about the 32min mark in the video. The hallway side is 3/32″ shorter than the dining room/living room side. Just wondering what should be done to make sure both sides meet up once I get to the entry way.

Thanks again for all your help!

Bob

• Joe

Administrator
    December 27, 2022 at 9:03 am

Hey Bob, I hope you had a great Christmas! 3/32 is not anything to be worried about. I would keep going and don’t let it grow from there.