Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Jessica project layout

• Jessica project layout

Posted by trance69m on February 22, 2023 at 12:02 pm

I’m looking to see that if is enough flooring to complete this project. The client has 17 boxes of flooring 21.36 sq.ft. per box. The current owner installed this flooring in the Kitchen and all three bedrooms. The remaining boxes of flooring is to be installed in the Living room, Hallway and three closets.

The client is just trying to make use of the boxes of laminate that came with the house, they are open to having transitions here and there. The Living room and Hallway are the only areas to be replaced as they are the only carpeted areas, the laminate flooring is currently installed<font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”> in the rest of the first floor including the 4’x7′ entry, not including the bathrooms. There are transitions from the kitchen o Living room as well as hallway to bedrooms and bath.</font>

Options: The client is open to options such as.

1) The 4′ x 7′ entry already has the laminate flooring installed so I could pace a transition from the entry to the Living room therefore saving this flooring.

2) The closets could have another type flooring – Hall, Linen, Bedroom closets.

3) The Living room would have the flooring installed. I would install different flooring in the remaining areas – The hallway and closets, again they are open to have transitions from living room to hallway.

When I exported the SmartDraw drawing it has a dark background. I have no idea why.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  trance69m.
    Joe replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 22, 2023 at 3:27 pm
    • trance69m

February 22, 2023 at 5:41 pm

Hi Joe. I sent a drawing of the floorplan as well as the SmartDraw sketch. The Living room is 15′ 6″ x 16′ 6″. The Hallway is 20′ x 3′ .I am checking to see if I have enough flooring to cover the Living room, and the Hallway that wraps around to the bathroom. There is a 2×3 linen closet outside the bathroom, a 2×3 coat closet in the hallway. The flooring runs parallel with the hallway.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 23, 2023 at 9:25 am