Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by martin on March 31, 2021 at 12:16 am

Hi Joe,

Here is what I am installing:

CoreLuxe Engineered Vinyl Plank (EVP) 8mm Oyster Shell Travertine Rigid Vinyl Plank Flooring

https://www.llflooring.com/p/coreluxe-ultra-8mm-oyster-shell-travertine-engineered-vinyl-plank-flooring-10046191.html

Width: 12 in. Maximum Plank Length: 24.016 in.

Underlayment: Dream Home 6mil Poly Sheeting

Installing on top of concreate slab. I was able to level the floor to under 1/8. I am installing in my living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway.

My thought is to start the installation in the SW corner by the garage door and run it North to south. In the diagram I laid 1 ft lines in red in the diagram to simulate the planks. I have 2 options – start with a full plank or start with a 6″ plank.

My hallway is 3 ft. 6 in. wide and it looks based on measurements that it will center with 3 planks and 3 inches on either side. I know that you would prefer to have it centered with 2 full planks and 9” on either side but that means that I would have to start with a 6 inch plank instead of a full plank. Not a big deal but I will have to cut an additional 15 planks in half (more work.) It will also leave a plank less than 4 inch at the kitchen (but to be honest no one will ever see that plank.)

Any advice for how to do this would be greatly appreciated!

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

Joe replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 1, 2021 at 8:57 am

Here is a video to watch-

http://somup.com/crfVILb5Uc

If you would like an installation blueprint let me know! Just answer the questions in that video and let me know if you are doing a brick pattern, thirds or no pattern at all.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 1, 2021 at 8:58 am

I just clicked on your link and see that it is a tile look, so just let me know on pattern if you need an installation blueprint.

• martin

April 1, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Hi Joe, thanks for the response!

Yes it’s 12×24 inch and I was thinking about just offsetting every other row by half a plank (is this called a brick pattern?) BTW, is no offset an option? The installation document didn’t give me that option so the 1/2 seems like a good one.

Good point about the extra work. After I posted and was thinking more on it, it also occurred to me that any extra work is a one time deal so making sure it looks great should be the goal. So you are absolutely right about not worrying about the extra time or work.

So as far the transitions, we’ve already laid down flooring in bedroom#3 but we plan on putting different planking in the bedrooms. Is there anything I should know about the transitions?

Thanks again joe, really appreciate your help and advice!

• Joe

Administrator
    April 1, 2021 at 5:26 pm

It will have more strength if you do a brick pattern. I would use t moldings in the doors and there is a video for that in the transition section in the All Videos Tab.

• martin

April 3, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Brick pattern it is.

Did you ever get to make a video on how to glue down the first row? Also what’s the best way to remove the glued planks when you are done?

Thanks

• Joe

Administrator
    April 5, 2021 at 8:24 am

Hey Martin, you can watch this video- https://youtu.be/6eZHHSzI7Qo

I talk about that at -22:40.