Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Glenn

March 15, 2021 at 8:01 am

This is how the current floor runs.

Figuring out where to start and how to do around the fire place stone is the biggest “issue”.

We are using Mowhawk Home – Rustic Spiced Oak from Costco. They only have the skinny transition pieces. We assumed we’d have to use that around the fireplacec.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 15, 2021 at 11:34 am

Hey Glenn! I am assuming you would install the planks from east to west(top of the drawing being north) Is that correct? It is your preference, I am just asking.

• Glenn

March 15, 2021 at 11:36 am

Yes, we’d like to keep it East to West. I know we will have to do a decent amount of working backwards.

Unless you think in this case North to South would be better.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 15, 2021 at 11:40 am

Ok, I will get this to you today.

• Glenn

March 15, 2021 at 11:41 am

Thank you!

• Joe

Administrator
    March 15, 2021 at 11:46 am

can you watch this quick video and answer a couple of questions I have.

http://somup.com/creoDmbX5c

• Joe

Administrator
    March 15, 2021 at 1:25 pm

What if I told you I would run it north and south? Would you still say east and west? I am only asking because you have a coin toss situation on this one and the main hall is buried in all the twists and turns of the house. The focal point to me is at the entry and the plank would flow nicely there into the kitchen. Then then chalkboard hall would also be very appealing to the eye if it were ran north and south.

But, again this is your house and your decision. I am asking because you seem to be asking for an opinion on it.

• Glenn

March 15, 2021 at 1:29 pm

We are honestly fine with either direction.

The kitchen floor is not getting changed, so we will have to do the transition piece at both openings.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 15, 2021 at 1:27 pm

The nice thing you have going for you is that you can already see what it looks like running it east and west so that can help with your decision.

• Glenn

March 15, 2021 at 1:33 pm

We want to go with your suggestion of North to South.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 15, 2021 at 2:24 pm

ok, I thought you meant stairs that were in the kitchen, lol. Good to know

• Joe

Administrator
    March 15, 2021 at 3:54 pm

Here you go Glenn.

http://somup.com/creoYLblIP