Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions I have uploaded my floorplan – How do I get the blueprint?

• I have uploaded my floorplan – How do I get the blueprint?

Posted by Jack on May 10, 2021 at 5:02 am

Joe, Just joined the site. I have uploaded my floorplan. How do I obtain the blueprint? Of course, I plan on running the floor through the hallway on the longest section of the basement. I really need the start points and how to get through the one opening to the media room without using a transition piece.

Thanks for all your help.

Joe replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 10, 2021 at 11:42 am

Can you answer a couple of questions for me? http://somup.com/crh6DpFJe8

• Jack

May 11, 2021 at 4:03 am

Joe, thanks for the fast action on this project. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I want to run the floor East & West. The basement has a walk out door and windows on the east side and that’s where the light shines in. As soon as you walk down to the basement from the first floor you’re in the hallway of the bar area and you can see all the way through the basement to the end of the guest bedroom.

2. I believe that hallway is where I would place my reference line. Is that correct?

3. Mu biggest question is how do you work back to the reference line with accuracy from the other side of the room?

4. Just for your information I am using Lifeproof Flooring from Home Depot. It has 3 different board widths in the box that I will be able to mix throughout the floor.

5. I have purchased transitions for the entry doorways to meet the thresholds. Do I really need them?

Thanks so much for your time on this.

• Jack

May 11, 2021 at 4:16 am

Additional Comment:

The floor is concrete, I have not installed the doors and trim yet. I installed the cabinets with space to slide the flooring under the edges and then put trim over to avoid quarter-round molding, which I hate.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 11, 2021 at 10:10 am

I have a couple more questions for you – http://somup.com/crhXo6FdPN

• Jack

May 11, 2021 at 1:19 pm

I posted a couple of photos of the planks. They are all the same length with three different widths. The two smaller boards equal the width of the largest board

• Joe

Administrator
    May 11, 2021 at 2:46 pm

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/crhXqGFKtw

• Jack

May 13, 2021 at 5:36 pm

I viewed the profile the day you posted it, but late at night. I understand everything so far. I just hope when I get through the door in the middle that I can keep it straight on the other side. I’m positive I can snap a straight line in the first room according to the blueprint, but I’m not sure how to make sure it is parallel to the line going through the hallway. Is there any tolerance with adjusting the boards to the line after going through the doorway to the second room?

• Joe

Administrator
    May 13, 2021 at 5:55 pm
  • Jack

May 17, 2021 at 5:10 pm

Joe, here are some pictures of the doorways. The doorway to the staircase has an exterior threshold. Can I take this out? The only other doorway that I don’t know what to do is the bathroom with the tile “shluter “ piece installed. The others all go to the unfinished workshop which I will just end at the doorway without a transition piece

• Joe

Administrator
    May 18, 2021 at 4:50 pm

You can take the threshold out but it will no longer be a sealed door and you might have some painting to do.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 18, 2021 at 4:52 pm

You can use a t molding at the schluter and just cover it.

• Jack

May 23, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Got a good start this weekend. Moving right along after snapping the chalk lines and putting down the anchor pieces. BTW I hate the tapcon screws. Broke two bits and three screws. Do you have link to the floor glue. Couldn’t find it on the site.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 24, 2021 at 8:39 am

Here you go buddy – https://amzn.to/2SkKqUv

• Jack

June 12, 2021 at 7:40 am

I hit the prime reference line in the hallway last night and I’m no more than 1/8 in off all the way down the hallway. Thanks for the blueprint and all the coaching so far. I’m approaching the cabinets in the bar area and I installed them with clearance to slide the flooring under the edge of the cabinets. Any tips on getting the flooring under the cabinets? I tried to upload a video, but it won’t let me. I’ll send a photo later.

• Joe

Administrator
    June 12, 2021 at 8:36 am

Here is my email if that will be easier or you can send that to my phone-

floormechanics@gmail.com

(218) 256-8080

• Jack

June 13, 2021 at 6:59 pm

Completed the bar area and now on to complete the bedroom and close out this project. Couldn’t have done it without you.

Page 1 of 2