Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep How to deal with sagging floor right in front of a door to another room

• How to deal with sagging floor right in front of a door to another room

Posted by Michael on June 8, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Hi Joe, Been a few months since you did a couple of videos for us for our upstairs and downstairs floor plans. Thanks again for those. We are almost done upstairs but have run into an issue in the master bedroom. I have had to do a lot of floor prep in all the rooms due to the floors not being level. The master bedroom is similar, but in this case the low point is right in front of the door into the bathroom. The floor sags 1/2″ right in front of the bathroom (see attached picture). We plan to do flooring in the bathroom as well, but plan to do after completing the downstairs, as we plan to do a few upgrades in the bathroom first.

My question to you is, if I fix the sag in front of the bathroom, I will need to raise the bathroom floor up as well for at least part of the bathroom floor. If you ran into this issue, what would you do? Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

By the way, I measured the amount of sag by stretching a string across the floor from the two high points. So, when looking at the picture I stretched the string from left to right starting about a foot to the left of the tape measure. Then stretch to the wall. The ½, 3/8 and ¼ markings represent the amount the floor is sagging in the marked areas.

I also attached a copy of the upstairs floorplan, if that is helpful.

Joe replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies