Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Hey Joe – Just Getting Started

Posted by samuelmwoodruff on March 15, 2022 at 11:40 am

Hello Joe,

I’m nearing the point of installing LPV in my basement finishing project. I’ve decided on the product and will be ordering after hearing from you. Attached is the drawing. I’d like no transitions between the three “areas” if possible. Here are my initial questions to get going….

Floor Prep – concrete

The concrete floor was done in two pours, and there’s some leveling I need to do where the floor slabs join. Across the joint, one side is approx 3/8″ higher on the left end, sloping to level at the right end. The span is 18 feet wide. Would you suggest a self-leveling solution? Which Product(s)? Do you have instructional videos of the floor leveling process?

Installation Blueprint

Attached is the floor plan. The “red” numbers on the floorplan indicate the more accurate measurements after finishing the drywall and mounting the doors and door trim (over the software generated measurements).

Base Cabinets

I have approximately 11+ feet of base cabinetry and counter with a bar sink. Is it best to install the cabinets first or the flooring?

Other Thoughts/Questions

Only plan to finish the closet (with bi-fold door) and area under the stairs (where refrigerator will go) the other doors (#1, 2, 5 and 6) on the drawing are to unfinished areas. What would you suggest as a transition where the LVP will end, just inside these doorways?

Looking forward to getting that this last big part of my project. And I don’t know what I don’t know – that’s where YOU come in!

Grace and peace,

Sam

Joe replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies