Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Cliff on May 14, 2021 at 1:48 pm

Well my wife and I have decided to replace all the flooring in our house (carpet and linoleum). The new flooring has not arrived at this time, but I’ve have started the demo process in the living room and what we call our TV room (bedroom #3). I have decided to use the Ardex product for leveling and it is ordered as well. We are in our mid 60s and are hoping to do this in a slow pace so please bear with us. We are also repainting the rooms as we go.

Joe, the information that you are sharing with all of us Do-It-Yourselfers is a real Blessing and I for one am extremely grateful. No rush on any replies. I’ve been watching your videos and think I have a pretty good handle on it, but I won’t hesitate to tap your brain if I have any questions.

There will be (3) different vinyl’s. Vinyl #1 is 7.6875″ X 48″, Vinyl #2 is 6.65″ X 47.64″, Vinyl #3 is 11.75″ X 23.75″. The doorways that show a door on the blueprint are where there will be transitions. The house is a manufactured home so the joint between the two half’s looks interesting.

Joe replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Cliff

May 14, 2021 at 2:09 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 17, 2021 at 8:09 am

I will get you on the schedule for Saturday. Welcome to the group.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 22, 2021 at 9:24 am

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/crh320q1au

• Cliff

May 27, 2021 at 9:39 am

Thanks Joe!

Its a “yes” on the brick pattern for vinyl #3. But it will be a while before I have to deal with that layout.

I figured the fireplace was going to be fun. Thanks on the suggestion to work from any angled ends of rows. I can see how that will save a lot of trial and error. But I am kind of concerned on how the plank ends up in other areas of the house like the center opening between the dinning room and the living room. I was thinking of measuring and drawing all the lines in the rooms and measuring for the outcomes along the more visual areas of the floor plan. Then adjust the starting plank width to get the best outcome.

The second photo is of the width of the center wall. Its wider than the plank. The wall is 8 3/4′ thick and the plank is 7 11/16″ wide. Do you think I should try and work it out so that a full plank is dead center of the wall or run a plank joint down the center? Its a really solid joint but needs leveling.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 27, 2021 at 9:59 am