Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Henry 547 not adhering to concrete

• Henry 547 not adhering to concrete

Posted by Chuck on March 12, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Joe- I’ve been prepping my concrete-floored basement for Adura Max and found I needed to do something about some old settling. I know it was old (i.e., not recent), because there was old patching along a crack that carpet installers must have done around 30 years ago. I used Henry 547 on a roughly triangular 9’x13′ area – tapered from around 1/2″ near the wall to feather edge in the room. After a couple of weeks we were getting ready to start laying plank. I found that there are cracks running through much of the new patch, and much of it has failed to bond to the original floor. I assume I’ll need to remove it, but what can I do to ensure bonding the next time? I tested the moisture in the concrete before starting, and it was fine – at least according to Mannington. I assume the old surface is the problem. As I noted, I removed 30 year old carpet & pad, so nothing was glued down except the edge of the pad. The info from Henry recommends only mechanical prep, with shot blasting as the preferred way – not really practical for me. Thoughts?

Thanks

Chuck

Joe replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 14, 2022 at 6:45 am

You should be using henrys 549 not 547

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Joe.
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 14, 2022 at 6:46 am

You can call me if you want 218 256 8080