Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Aubrey on February 18, 2021 at 5:07 pm

Hello there!

I was hoping to get some guidance before laying lvp throughout my home. I would like to avoid transition pieces between rooms. I have tile in the kitchen, laundry, and master bathroom which I will be keeping, so I’ve marked through those rooms on the drawing. All of the other rooms/closets will be getting lvp. I’m assuming I should make the direction of the planks go from North to South. I’m wondering if I should center my main chalk line in the hall or the living room? I want to be sure things don’t end up crooked. We will be removing the baseboards and there is a gap between the sheet rock and the wall, so I’ll already have some space to work with. Any guidance you have for how to tackle this and any obstacles you think might come up would be greatly appreciated. Also, we have sliding glass doors in the living room. Not sure if that matters or not. Thank you so much!

Joe replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 19, 2021 at 10:28 am

Here is a link to the Installation Plan-

http://somup.com/crnqDbDtZd

• Aubrey

February 19, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Thank you so much, that’s very helpful! Is there any advantage to starting in the living room, or would it be alright to start in bedroom #1 instead? You can’t really tell from my drawing, but bedroom #2 is smaller than the master so I’d prefer to work backwards in there if it’s just as well. It’s really not a big deal though if it’s better to start in the living room, just wondering. Thanks again!

• Joe

Administrator
    February 19, 2021 at 1:52 pm