Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Tagged: 

• Joe

Administrator
    October 11, 2022 at 9:58 am
  • jessica

October 11, 2022 at 10:14 am

Email sent! But the is the area I’m referring to with the slight dip towards wall. And also looking for ideas/guidance on handling the stair nose

• Joe

Administrator
    October 11, 2022 at 11:06 am
  • jessica

October 11, 2022 at 11:31 am

Hey Joe! Sorry the email hasn’t gone through. Might be too large since it’s over 1 minute. But here are some photos and I’ll try to resend email with shorter video

So the subfloor starts off even with the stair nose. Then you can see if dips below as you get closer to wall. Very slightly. Also looking for ideas on handling the stair nose at end of hall which is top of stairs

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  jessica.
  • jessica

October 11, 2022 at 11:40 am

I edited my video to be a little shorter so maybe it can work here. Thanks @joeletendre

• Joe

Administrator
    October 11, 2022 at 1:04 pm
  • jessica

October 11, 2022 at 2:12 pm

Thank you!

• jessica

October 11, 2022 at 2:35 pm

@joeletendre attached is a photo of the description of the stair nose. The plank is 6 inches wide. I have approx 5-1/2” of space left if I go all the way to edge or I can use a trimmed board and have some space left. These are scrap pieces I was using just to get an idea. Any thoughts on this? I’m assuming I want to go with the trimmed board to allow for some expansion? Also I will definitely shave off the stair nose. I just don’t know how far back to take it

• Joe

Administrator
    October 11, 2022 at 3:35 pm
  • jessica

October 11, 2022 at 3:44 pm

Here you go @joeletendre I still have to clean up the carpet that is stuck. So that stair nose seems to stick out about an inch from the riser

• jessica

October 11, 2022 at 4:50 pm

Thanks @joeletendre that helps! I’ll finish that this week and I’ll also be working on my oldest son’s bedroom

• Joe

Administrator
    October 11, 2022 at 4:47 pm
  • jessica

October 14, 2022 at 9:22 am

Okay got the stair nose attached to top step which leads to hallway. Used construction adhesive and holding in place with duct tape. Will use Brad nails for added security. Thanks for all of your help @joeletendre

Now I need to finish my oldest son’s bedroom and move into the master bedroom.

I still have a skinny row in my other sons’ bedroom to finish. Probably about 6 feet or so in length but on an area that will have dresser in front. I also have same size skinny row in hallway to be complete.

Doing bathrooms last since they need that large transition molding/reducer anyway. I really never thought I’d be able to get as far as I have gotten. Doesn’t seem far to some but doing this in between mom life.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 14, 2022 at 9:55 am

You are doing great!!

• jessica

October 14, 2022 at 12:54 pm

Thank you! I got half of my older son’s room done!

• jessica

October 18, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Got my older son’s room done and got another landing done the right way. Just the master bedroom left and two bathrooms. I’m having a hard time getting the marble threshold removed. But not giving up

• Joe

Administrator
    October 19, 2022 at 5:50 am

looking great!!

Page 2 of 3