Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by KC on May 15, 2024 at 2:17 pm

My million dollar question for my entire project is should I start in hallway. I would think so for working into bedroom doorways. But if doing so how should I tackle working around the “O” or island of middle of house??

Joe replied 2 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 23 Replies
  • 23 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 15, 2024 at 4:05 pm
  • KC

May 15, 2024 at 5:53 pm

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I just had it set in my head that I was going to start in hallway. So I could lay out to enter bedrooms cleanly. Knowing the situation I would get myself in working backwards. I’m going to draw a better pic. I did end up ordering from Flooret today. We’ve looked at a few different places for flooring and they just happen to have the color we went with.

• KC

May 15, 2024 at 6:31 pm

Here is a little better layout drawing without all my scribbles

• KC

May 15, 2024 at 10:09 pm

Understanding it might be the more challenging way to go we are going to lay East and West. It flows better in that direction. Going down the hallway and also through the kitchen. Happy wife Happy life. We are using Flooret Yuzen Base planks. Hoping it will be at my doorstep by Friday the 24th. Luckily its shipping from a facility close by in Washington state where we are. I understand you are gone until next week so hope to hear back then.

• KC

May 15, 2024 at 10:55 pm

Flooret Yuzen base. Here is the locking system. Maybe you can tell me but it seems to go together pretty easy forward and backward.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 16, 2024 at 6:20 am
  • KC

May 16, 2024 at 12:30 pm

I emailed a video but not sure it went through. Here are some photos. I tried to make sure my back was to a wall when taking photos. Also I’ve ordered enough flooring to do the bathroom but won’t be installing until we are ready to remodel it.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 21, 2024 at 9:40 am
    • KC

May 23, 2024 at 1:33 pm

Ok so my hallway is 35 3/4. And my plank is 5 7/8. Im rewatching this video and I’m not following where the 6 inches on each side in hallway is calculated? Beginning of video. And tools are here so thank you!

• Joe

Administrator
    May 21, 2024 at 9:41 am

Here is that video I mentioned – https://youtu.be/3TsdsFW9keE

• KC

May 21, 2024 at 12:21 pm

You started out the last video with exactly what I’m looking for. I want to be able to go into the bedroom doors just like you mentioned. Not only for looking better and hopefully easier. Also, because I’m doing this in stages I can work on each bedroom as I can. So I don’t have to rip up all the carpet until I’m ready to go. Thanks for taking the time and showing where to snap lines. Pointing out the critical areas to keep straight. I will show you a picture of what I’m trying to avoid from previous flooring. I’m actually going to practice and visualize before ripping everything up. I have sample pieces and just take some measurements to have a idea. When I do the 10 planks if the measurement is closer to 8ths is it safe to go with that or does it really matter if its closer to 16ths. Just curious. Thanks again. And the pic is a transition into a closet. It’s in the hallway from front door to kitchen.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 21, 2024 at 2:26 pm

If I have plank that measures more than an 1/16th or an 1/8th I just put the tape a little more than a 1/16 or the 1/8th. It is pretty easy to do that. You don’t need to do any math, just measure the 10 planks and use those measurements.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 23, 2024 at 3:20 pm
    • KC

May 23, 2024 at 3:39 pm

Yes sorry I wasn’t clear on understanding. I know the numbers were made up just when I was following along I got lost with the 6 inch measurement to wall in hallway. Demo tonight and tomorrow. Flooring delivered tomorrow so it’s go time.

• KC

May 24, 2024 at 11:26 am

So I probably know the answer to this but…. There is old linoleum under flooring. Should I remove this or would it be fine to just go right over it?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  KC.
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 24, 2024 at 1:41 pm

you can go over it.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 24, 2024 at 1:42 pm
Page 1 of 2