Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Flooring interface lines

• Flooring interface lines

Posted by Brad on February 13, 2021 at 5:39 pm

Joe,

I have laminate I started to lay and of course right away I have an issue. The problem is where the subfloor sheets come together there are some varying degrees of height difference from none at all to maybe 1/8″. As you can see in the attached photos I laid several planks and already the second plank (circled) is tipping up off the floor and the locking system will break. I still like my flooring and wondered if you thought running the laminate the other way would bridge some of these humps without seams coming apart? Now I’m wondering if vinyl may flex more to help with this?

Thank you,

-Brad

Brad replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 14, 2021 at 7:15 am

I would start out from the wall at least 2 rows away. Have you seen my video – installing the first few rows?

Without you showing me a pic of a straight edge on the floor so I can see how bad that hump is hard for me to judge it. Sometimes the first few rows are hard to put together in the plank doesn’t lay flat because of that. Which is why I would reconsider where you starting and pull the floor out away from the wall two rows secure it and then start building from there

• Brad

February 14, 2021 at 8:10 am

Thanks Joe, I’ll watch again. I did put a level on it and in some areas its pretty level other areas are off…. Will take notes from video and adjust 🙂