Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Sharon on September 5, 2023 at 3:06 pm

We are laying coreluxe flooring down in most of our house. I have attached our floor plan(dimensions are not exact) .We have carpet in most of our house and we will be removing that but in our foyer, down one part of our hall, and in the kitchen/ dinning room area we have hardwood floors. We are not wanting to remove them if we can help it. we are thinking of running the planks in the same direction and letting our hall be the deciding factor. So we plan to run them longways down the hall. Is this a good idea? Also where we will be removing the carpet the rooms next to the hardwood floors will be uneven so what is the best way to work with this? We were thinking about adding plywood to the den area to build that up but what is your thoughts on making the floor all flow. In our den is a stone fireplace, what is the best way to run the flooring next to the fireplace since all the stone is not even. Where will be a good starting point to start laying the flooring? I know we have a lot of prep work to do first before we start but we are not sure if we should rip all the carpet out first and remove baseboards or can we do that as we get to that room? Also what do your recommend doing around the kitchen cabinets and dishwasher and fridge? Do we run the flooring under those? I know it’s a lot of questions but we are just unsure how to begin.

We are not laying the floor in the bathrooms, laundry room or master bedroom.

Thanks for your help

Joe replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    September 5, 2023 at 4:08 pm
    • Sharon

September 6, 2023 at 9:50 am

Hey Joe,

I am uploading the pics so hopefully it will make more sense😊

The first pics are to show you where the hardwood floor is and by the way you had that correct in your response.

We ran our hardwoods floors in two directions as you should be able to tell from the pics, but we are wanting to run the new floor all the same direction. Do you think running it the long ways down the hall would be the best direction for our home?

The next pic is showing you the thickness of our wood floors. We are on a wood floor not concrete slab

The next pic will be of the kitchen with the island. Do we need to move the island and run it under there? Also what would be pros and cons of running it all the way under the dishwasher?

We also have the corner round around some of the kitchen cabinets , do we need to remove that and should we put it back?

My next pic are down the hall that is carpet. The door to right is a bedroom that will remain carpet, how would we transition this? Also the middle room on the left is a bathroom and we are not changing that either. I show a pic of the entry and was wondering how we would do this as well.

The next pic is of our den with the fireplace. What would you recommend on flooring around this. Also we have tile around our deck door that we have totally made up our mind about if we keep or not. If we keep it what would you suggest as the best way to floor around that? I also shared a pic of pulling the carpet back and where the hardwood is.

Lastly in our study is a floating floor so I know I will have to remove that , but we have built in desk and I’m thinking we put floor down them this is on top, would I need to remove the built ins and then lay the floor?

Thank you for all your help,

Sharon

• Sharon

September 6, 2023 at 9:53 am

Here are the pics of the study

• Joe

Administrator
    September 6, 2023 at 11:23 am