Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Family room – after Christmas project

• Family room – after Christmas project

Posted by jessica on December 1, 2022 at 12:23 pm

Hey @floormechanicsgmail-com Joe ! So upstairs is done. This is the next endeavor. It’s about 240 SF. There are 3 entrances to the room. One is an exterior door. There is also a wood stove on top of a large raised brick hearth. The rooms that attach to the are done in hardwood. This room was kept with carpet when we had the hardwood installed in 2007.

I was going to use the same LVP trafficmaster rigid core click lock flooring since I have about 11 boxes left. The Hone Depot calculator suggested 12 boxes for 10% extra. I didn’t realize that when I ordered the flooring for upstairs that I also ordered enough for the family room too according to the estimate from HD. As you can see there are some challenges with the exterior door as well as the transitions and the hearth. Would love to hear your thoughts. Pardon the dog crates and dogs.

jessica replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    December 1, 2022 at 1:45 pm
  • jessica

December 2, 2022 at 5:59 am

Thanks @floormechanicsgmail-com Joe! Yea that is a wood transition strip (on two of the three entrances into the room. That was done by the hardwood floor installer on 2007. And everything made perfect sense! Thank you! I’ll keep you updated. I posted photos of the upstairs on the FB group