Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Echo on February 18, 2021 at 8:39 am

New user and very excited you have this program for DIYers.

I am doing floor prep and haven’t started laying yet. Any suggestions on where best to aim for the planks to lineup best for these door openings? Picture attached. I think they will be one of the larger obsticles. Note, the lines are the direction of the planks and where they will be coming from. The door on the left is a closet and the door on the right is the laundry with a path to the garage.

Echo replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 18, 2021 at 9:47 am

Can you also share a drawing of the area you are installing plank into? Thank you!

• Joe

Administrator
    February 19, 2021 at 10:59 am

here is a link to a video, if you could get back to me on the questions I have that would be great.

http://somup.com/crnqDPDtvy

• Echo

February 19, 2021 at 11:59 am

You are so awesome! I really appreciate the extra time you took to answer my question.

1 – Yes you pronounced my name correctly, just like the dictionary (echo, echo, echo)

2 – The distance between the two openings is 73.5 inches

3 – Plankes are 72.75 inches long by 9 inches wide.

4 – Cheater board as follows:

1 board= 9.05 inches

5 boards=45.25 inches

10=90.5

20=181

30=271.5

40=362

If I take the width between the two walls the doors are on, I get 73.5, less 9 for one board, divided by 2, I get 32.25. On my cheater board, that shows I would have almost 4 inches left on the board. That would allow both door openings to have a board of 4 inches each. Picture below of one of the doors.

My measure line would be between those two walls at 32.25 and 41.25.

Because of the office full of the house furniture, I’m hoping to use the existing sheet laminate lines as a “chalk line”. Once the family room is done, all the furniture will go there. Then I can prep the office and continue the chalk line. Let me know if I’m way off base here.

Thanks again for all your help!

• Joe

Administrator
    February 19, 2021 at 2:03 pm

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crnqYeSP3n

Sorry about that!!! This is the right video!

• Echo

February 20, 2021 at 6:38 am

Got it! Thanks for your help. I will start laying today and open new posts with other questions. God bless you and your family.