Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Members Completed Project Gallery Done, done, done (well, almost)

• Done, done, done (well, almost)

Posted by Echo on March 24, 2021 at 11:06 am

I installed COREtec Pro Plus XL Enhanced in Cairo Oak. They are waterproof and interlocking with cork backing. They were flexible which made for easy installation.

It took me 6 weeks while working from home and living in the space. I still have to paint touchup the baseboards where nailed. I also plan to paint the stair banister as that wood color doesn’t match at all. I installed the entire ground level with no transitions.

The most time consuming part was building up the subfloor where there was carpet (1/2 inch low).

The worst part I did was the sloping from old sheet linoleum to built-up subfloor (3/32 inch). I didn’t slope enough so the floor sounds different in those areas (sloped three feet but should have been six).

I watched all the videos before I started and asked multiple questions. Very happy to have found Joe and Laminate University. Also, very happy with the final product!

Greg replied 2 years, 3 months ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Echo

March 24, 2021 at 12:09 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 24, 2021 at 1:19 pm

This looks amazing and you did an outstanding job. Don’t worry too much about the area you feathered out, it will get better over time.

• Brittany

March 27, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Looks so great! Did you do the baseboards yourself? I have the same rounded corners, and I am nervous to do the new baseboards. But got to get the floor down first!

• Echo

March 29, 2021 at 8:47 am

I pulled the baseboards off, repainted and returned. I borrowed a nail-gun which made it much easier. I also caulked and touchup the paint once hung. The bullnose corners were the hardest part because they were glued in place. So, when I removed them, I had to cut them in half to break them using my oscillating multi-tool. I then cut new pieces when rehanging. It took a while to get the trick of it. Basically, the two longer trim pieces have to be even at the bullnose in order for the small piece to fit well.

You can do it, Brittany!

• Brittany

March 29, 2021 at 4:58 pm

Hi! Thanks for the info. I pulled off the base boards with no issues, but wanted to replace with taller baseboards as my home has the older short ones. Once I get this floor in I will give it a go. My dad has a compressor and nail gun so I am lucky with that one. Your house looks great! Can’t wait to get my Coretec floors installed!

• Danny

March 29, 2021 at 8:41 am

Wow! Really nice work and I love the planks!

• Mark

May 1, 2021 at 8:36 pm

Wow really looks great! Some very complex curves and cuts that came out outstanding!

• Jerrod

October 20, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Wow,

That looks real nice. I am starting my first room with the same plank in the Waddington Oak color. Did you find the locking system on this plank to be forgiving? I have a few areas that I will have to wiggle and tap to get set and after using a Shaw product where the locking system would chip and break if you touched it too much I am a bit concerned. any way your plank looks awesome good job.

• Greg

January 19, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Looks fantastic !!!!!