Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Dip at end of hallway.

• Dip at end of hallway.

Posted by jlayne1971 on June 12, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Hi Joe,

New member here. I am prepping to install CoreLux Rigid Vinyl Plank in my house. The planks are 8.9” wide. I am planning to lay it perpendicular to the hallway in the attached photo. The photo show the wall at the end of the hallway, with doors to bedrooms on each side. While checking the hallway floor for flatness, I found that there is dip starting about 18” or so from the wall in the pic, which reaches a depth of 1.2” at the wall. The same dip wraps around the bedroom doorways on either side of the wall as depicted in the photo. I am planning to use transition moldings in the doorways to make the install simpler to do in stages as I am working alone. What would you recommend to fix the dip? Henry’s or roofing felt? Also, if I use a product like Henry’s, do I need to cut the bottom of the casings and jamb before applying it? Thank you.

Jay

Joe replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jlayne1971

June 12, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Hello again. There is a typo in my post. The depth is 1/2”. Not 1.2.

• Joe

Administrator
    June 13, 2022 at 9:22 am
    • jlayne1971

June 13, 2022 at 9:36 am

Thanks, Joe. I will likely fill in with the Henry’s 549. As a follow-up question, to the extent that the dip runs across the end of the hallway and into the rooms on either side as depicted in the photo, can I just fill from the hallway into the door jamb area for now, then address the dip inside the rooms later? The reason I ask is that due to the need to relocate furniture, having two dogs, etc, I am doing this project in stages. I was going to start with the living room and the depicted hallway, install transitions, then move into the adjacent rooms. Thanks again for your help.

Jay

• Joe

Administrator
        June 13, 2022 at 11:15 am

Yes, absolutely you can do that.