Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Tagged: 

• Posted by Regena on October 18, 2021 at 11:39 am

Hey there new here day 1, so here is my photo for the layout of my floor plan. Will you take a look and provide information. Where to start, direction and any problem areas I need to be aware of. Thank you for having a place for a DIY person like myself to make less mistakes and be able to confidently do this myself. I am currently preparing everything for the process.

Regena replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Regena

October 18, 2021 at 12:01 pm

Oh I forgot to mention. I am installing vinyl plank flooring onto a concrete slab.

Also no flooring going in laundry or bathrooms those I will use a different vinyl plant that looks like tile.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 18, 2021 at 1:00 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    October 18, 2021 at 1:07 pm
  • Regena

October 18, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Thank you for your response. So the vinyl tongue. I don’t really have a groove where the tongue fits in it’s almost like two tongues one on top side on one long edge and one short edge and same on bottom.

• Regena

October 19, 2021 at 4:57 am

Hey Joe so I am going to lay the plank north to south so that the long hall way lines up with a straight shot to back door. I think that will draw the eyes that way and the living room is a two story vaulted open area. And agree with you on starting in master if you agree as well or I can start where you feel best. Plank has tongue on one side and one edge depends on which direction you turn the plank. I sent pictures and drawing on that earlier. But was thinking more on this and resized I forgot to answer your response about my direction.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 20, 2021 at 10:29 am

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/cr6YoU3va1

• Regena

October 20, 2021 at 11:49 am

Hey Joe, thank you. I was just about to reach out to you. To tell you something else, but you touched on it. Great video, I have only skimmed through it and I’m excited to share with my husband. I have been watching the videos from the start for each step and so that is super helpful.

You are correct in that the line in the living room is just a mess up for me. Also the wall to the left of the entry is set back just like you were thinking. One thing that is different is that the hallway entry wall on the right it is a very long wall but it is slightly to the right about 3 or 4 inches from the wall in the kitchen and living room and stairs. I was looking down from coming out of the bedroom and realized those walls sit forward slightly but I can still snap my line to get that center. Just may be a partial board in those areas vs. a full board in the hallways we’ll see.

Ok going to watch this completely between now and the weekend. We are in the process of demo and this is 1,200 square feet of just vinyl footage to go down, so a lot of space.

Thank you for your blueprint and help with this excited to have more confidence.