Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Teresa on May 9, 2021 at 2:09 pm

About 6 years ago my husband and I put down bamboo floating click/lock flooring in our dining room, living room, entry and hallway. For the most part it was easy to do – a lot of work and time consuming, but not complicated. We did struggle with the doorways in the hall. I don’t know that we ever got that part quite right. It was also pretty tough physically – all the up and down work on the knees took it’s toll. Fast forward to the present. I want to install or have installed LVP throughout the whole house. My husband is on board, but does not want to install ourselves. I am a pretty experienced DIYer, but sometimes I underestimate the difficulty of project. Lol I do believe the LVP will be much easier to work with than the bamboo was. Also, one of the things that was so hard for us was installing around the door trim, but I plan to remove all of that and put up new after the floors are installed so I think that will make things even easier. All that being said, would it be workable to figure out the layout of the whole floor, but then actually begin in the master bedroom? I do want to avoid any transitions if possible. I am attaching a very rough blueprint of our house. We plan to put the LVP in all rooms and closets. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Joe replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 10, 2021 at 10:52 am

You got this!!! Watch this and let me know on the questions I asked!

• Teresa

May 10, 2021 at 4:13 pm

I don’t see anything attached to watch. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is it not attached? 😉 Thanks!

• Joe

Administrator
    May 10, 2021 at 4:25 pm

I am so sorry!! – http://somup.com/crh6o7FHSc

• Teresa

May 10, 2021 at 6:48 pm

Hey Joe! No problem on the video! I got it and watched it. So to answer your questions I should have said that I definitely want to run the flooring from east to west. That is how we laid the bamboo and visually it just makes the most sense. The drawing I did isn’t to scale, but it is pretty close. The hall is proportionately longer than it appears in the picture (24 feet long from end to end). I don’t have to start in the master. I was just planning on painting in there and installing a closet system this summer so I just thought it would be a good time to do it all. I can really start anywhere. We started the bamboo flooring on the “south” wall at the front door. The bamboo flooring we put in is real bamboo (click and lock floating floor – 5/8” thick, 5” x 72”). You are right, we did a lot of up and down to make cuts. I have watched many of your videos – some multiple times. I wish I had that information when we were putting the bamboo in- I had several “Ah ha” moments – you make it look so easy. 😉 I do think that the LVP will be much easier to work with than the bamboo was. We renovated our master bath recently and I put LVP in there (temporarily until we did the whole house). It is a small bathroom, but it was easy to work with and turned out really nice. Anyway, I think that is all you were asking about – probably more information that you care to know too. LOL I do appreciate you getting back to me and I look forward to seeing the plan you come up with. I think we can do it too! Now I just need to convince someone else! 😉 Thanks again!

• Joe

Administrator
    May 11, 2021 at 10:03 am