Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Brief progress update with one question

• Joe

Administrator
    November 29, 2021 at 9:14 am
    • Doug

November 30, 2021 at 9:42 am

@joeletendre thanks for your prompt response, Joe. Ironically, just a few minutes after I submitted this question to you I discovered a spot where my floor was lifting in the middle of the family room. So yesterday I removed and reinstalled all 23 rows of plank. When I first installed this flooring in this family room, I was using my existing tile line to be my straight line for the entire flooring project. So to do this I needed install the floor backwards from the straight line to the opposite wall where my fireplace is located. Yesterday I removed and reinstalled all the flooring the opposite direction from the fireplace to the straight line. Now I realize that something has shifted where my straight line is no longer straight. The photos below show my straight line. I am off the straight line 1/16″ from the inside wall to the outside wall. My question for you is this: Do I need to remove this flooring once again to make sure my 1/16″ gap is corrected or should I not be concerned about such a small misalignment? I still have close to 1,000 square feet of flooring to be installed before this project is finished.

• Joe

Administrator
    November 30, 2021 at 10:28 am

No, you are just fine with the 1\16th of an inch!! That is very minor.

• Doug

November 30, 2021 at 1:07 pm

Thanks, @joeletendre I think sometimes my OCD can get in the way of my progress 😆

• Joe

Administrator
    November 30, 2021 at 1:26 pm

I have that problem too!