Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    May 4, 2022 at 5:34 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 5, 2022 at 9:26 am
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 7, 2022 at 9:08 am

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/c3hi2iOsyB

• Larry

May 9, 2022 at 6:07 pm

Joe,

Big time thanks! Your plan review is awesome! I only have two questions before starting:

1. As you know, I have a mix of concrete slab and raised subfloor. My new Republic brand LVP has attached pad, so what’s your opinion on still using that QuietWalk pad (the one for vinyl plank) over raw slab, over wood laminate glued to concrete slab, and over wood laminate glued to subfloor? I have all three cases where the new LVP will be laid. I want a quiet floor, but don’t want to damage the new vinyl plank either.

2. I have a couple areas in front of the fireplace hearth and step down in the living room where the existing glued down wood laminate has separated from the underlying concrete slab, thus creating clicks and hollow sounds when you step on it. So, before installing the new LVP over it, should I simply remove the loose pieces and fill with one of your preferred leveling materials? My other choice is removing 300 sq ft of glued down wood laminate – ugh!

I think I’ll be able to get through everything else. Thanks!

• Joe

Administrator
    May 10, 2022 at 8:22 am

I would not use quiet walk with the republic. I think you will have a more solid feel without an additional pad. As for the loose plank, I would take it out and re glue it if possible. That will save you time and money!

• Larry

May 10, 2022 at 11:32 am

Great! Me,my back, and my wallet thank you 😂