Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    October 5, 2022 at 1:42 pm
  • Gina

October 5, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Hello Joe,

Thank you very much for your quick response! We live in Florida. We recently moved here to be closer to family so we are missing the Fall leaves but it is worth it to be around family. My husband and I watched the screencast and we really appreciated your ideas. According to the way you have the house orientated, we want to go with the floor going east west. We are installing on top of concrete. I have attached photos of a plank.

We have just begun framing so please don’t feel like you have to get this done right away if you have other projects that are more urgent.

Thank you for your time and help!

Gina and Paul

• Joe

Administrator
    October 6, 2022 at 6:44 am

Thank you Gina and Paul, I have you on the list and will get this done and to you on Friday.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 10, 2022 at 3:49 pm

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c366Ydv15v

• Gina

October 11, 2022 at 9:47 am

Absolutely incredible! Such a wealth of information and easy to understand. THANK YOU! I have the time to watch it over and over and mark the times so I feel great about doing the installation.

Should we install the interior doors before or after the flooring?

• Joe

Administrator
    October 11, 2022 at 10:05 am

You can do it after if desired. It does make the install go much easier especially with a laminate. The down side of this would be to not scratch the floor. Just protect it with cardboard or rosin paper if possible. I have several builders I work for that do it this way and I love it!

• Gina

January 5, 2023 at 7:07 am

Hi Joe,

I hope your holidays were great for you and your family! What underlayment would you recommend for Aquaguard laminate flooring on top of concrete? Do I need it? Thank you for your help!

• Joe

Administrator
    January 5, 2023 at 9:59 am