Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    September 13, 2023 at 10:01 am
  • A'Mahri

September 14, 2023 at 11:25 pm

Hi Joe,

I didn’t realize i missed so much to share with you.

1. I will be installing the plank for a family member, there will be a company coming after me to replace the carpet that is on the blueprint labeled ” Carpet “.

2. The bathrooms that will use the Tile like flooring are both upstairs and i will not continue flooring into those rooms( Bath 1,2), the bathroom on the main floor will have the same flooring as the hallway which will be the plank, so that would be the 3rd bathroom which i didn’t mention.

3. The main floor will all use the same flooring.

The first attachment includes all images from the main floor. Including the 3rd bathroom.

Thank you

• Joe

Administrator
    September 15, 2023 at 10:48 am

hey buddy,

I am on the road today and I will get to this later today.

• A'Mahri

September 15, 2023 at 12:16 pm

Thank you 👍🏾

• Joe

Administrator
    September 18, 2023 at 8:36 am
  • A'Mahri

October 11, 2023 at 8:35 am

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your patience. i will be running the plank on the main floor N to S ( The long way )

1) i believe you covered most of my concerns with the main floor install, i noticed when you drew a plank between the doorway it was closer to the inside of the bathroom rather than placed in the middle of the door jamb. is there a reason for this or can it land anywhere in between the jamb.

2) Also i like the idea of having no transition if the installers can manage, can that also be done where there is a transition strip next to the main entry door ?

3) also if i am installing the floor planning to have no transition there, would i just run the plank 3/4″ longer covering the gap that would be needed for a transition ?

4) In the kitchen below the sink, if there is no baseboard there would i run my plank tight against that toekick, or leave an 1/8″ gap and install shoe moulding.

5). As far as tearing the old plank out, is there a specific area you would start in on the main floor ? the old plank runs under the base so i will have to remove it, do you typically re use baseboard or just have the customer purchase new.

Attached are prints for the upstairs bathrooms, i will be only installing flooring in the bathrooms upstairs, terminating the flooring at the door jamb, is this another situation this can be done without transitions, or should i have transitions here.

The dimensions on the tile like plank are also included ( 12 x 24″ ) 5.5mm thick. i would like to have some pattern if you could walk me through it. I’m not sure if running them straight would look better. whatever pattern you think will look best i’ll do.

Thank you Joe.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 11, 2023 at 10:07 am
  • A'Mahri

October 11, 2023 at 10:13 pm

Hi Joe, the video you sent to me is for another member.

Also i replied to your questions.

Thank you

• Joe

Administrator
    October 16, 2023 at 3:07 pm

Sorry, here is that video I meant to send – https://somup.com/c06DYiBpnw

• A'Mahri

October 19, 2023 at 11:28 pm

Hi Joe,

Attached are updated prints with dimensions on both bathrooms upstairs that will have the tile like flooring. I Would like to install the flooring in the direction you suggest for both bathrooms, also i would like brick pattern for both.

i included images of the tile while measuring the face of the plank ( 23.75″ x 1′ )

The main floor will use the standard plank flooring which also includes the 3rd bathroom which is included in the pictures and on the prints of the main floor ( bathroom also gets standard plank on main floor )

Bath ” 1 &2″ are both upstairs which have the tile like flooring, my apologies for the confusion.

Thank you

• Joe

Administrator
    October 20, 2023 at 10:21 am

Thanks, I will get this done as soon as I can. More than likely it will be Monday.

• A'Mahri

October 21, 2023 at 9:12 pm

Thank you

• Joe

Administrator
    October 24, 2023 at 10:49 am

here is the main level – https://somup.com/c06ZodBsPd

I will send the baths in a seperate video.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 24, 2023 at 1:22 pm

here is the bathrooms – https://somup.com/c06ZFrBM6l