Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by William on October 26, 2021 at 9:35 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for creating this course with all these great resources! I am attaching the floorplan of the house. The laminate flooring will go throughout the entire house except for the hall bathroom (which is already tiled) and the garage. The house is pretty much all open, with minimal obstructions (all shown on the drawing). In total, it is just over 1,100 square feet. And just a note, the front and back door are flush with the rest of the walls, and not protruding (I just put the extra lines to help distinguish exactly where they were).

1) Which direction should the planks run? After looking at many of the other videos, I think they would go North-South. I am looking to avoid any transitions (besides the hall bathroom), but would take any sort of input.

2) Where should I start? I am new to this so I am not too sure about this one.

The laminate flooring that will be bought and used is the Select Surfaces Barnwood Spill Defense Laminate Flooring from Sam’s Club. The listed dimensions of a single plank is 47.60″ x 6.22″ and has a total thickness of 14mm. Link to flooring.

I am looking to start putting down the floor in about 2 weeks after we finish the ceilings and floors, and I am excited to see the finished results of everything.

Let me know if there’s any other information that you might need!

Best,

Will Vlasak

Joe replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies