Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    August 22, 2023 at 9:46 am
  • Tory

August 23, 2023 at 6:02 pm

Thanks for the plethora of options.

• Tory

August 26, 2023 at 9:22 am

Good morning Joe,

57:40 of https://screenpal.com/watch/cr6TDYVljTO. You mentioned to cut the sheetrock back. I suspect with this method, I will not be able to angle the planks to be able to tap them into place and that I should slide these planks, possibly the 60 inch lengths of both walls. I’m trying to get my arms around this idea, especially since this would be “coming into” the end of the kitchen wall while transitioning into the laundry and pantry. Could you please point me to a (piece of?) video where you are doing this?

• Tory

August 26, 2023 at 2:29 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 28, 2023 at 8:28 am

Yes, that is it. Were you able to do this?

• Tory

August 28, 2023 at 9:41 am

Short answer: Yes. I was able to do it. Long answer: I had to keep rewatching a portion of your video and it became more obvious to me that even with plane and glue and having my sheet rock/door jamb up, that I still needed to be able to tap the back of the plank. Both of my glues had dried up from the last time I used it and they both were at least half full. I bought more glue and tried to use it, but eventually, outside of the door jamb, with enough space to tap the plank in from the back, the pull bar seemed to give me the piece of mind, likely because I had been using the pull bar throughout the installation (thus far), especially after you mentioned: “Don’t get worked up about which planks you need to pull” (for plane and glue).

• Tory

August 28, 2023 at 9:48 am
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 28, 2023 at 11:16 am

Perfect!!

• Tory

September 1, 2023 at 3:31 pm

Any “cheat codes” on this room’s wire shelving installation? Or does the entire shelving system (and its contents) have to come out?

• Tory

September 5, 2023 at 12:58 am

Good morning Joe,

I completed the pantry with the wire shelving (but couldn’t delete my post). With removing enough stuff from the shelves, I was able to have a helper to slightly lift up each relevant post, while I worked underneath each relevant post.

• Joe

Administrator
    September 5, 2023 at 8:59 am

Well Done Tory!!

Page 5 of 5