Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Tom on August 20, 2021 at 7:14 pm

Joe,

Attached is a drawing of my flooring project. The house is about 1,600 sq ft, built in ’91 with a full basement and a particle board sub floor. Joists are 2″ x 10″ on ~14″ centers.

I am removing the old carpet and linoleum (installed over a 1/4″ board). Still have all of prep to do, getting rid of squeaks, bounces, dips and rises. I am installing a Modin Signature LVP from Flooret. The planks are 9″ x 72″.

From reviewing your videos, I believe I should start in the N-S running hall in the center of the home. The largest length of the hall (on the north side) is 36″ wide, the narrower south side is 34″. I have two bathrooms and a stairway to do as a part of the project.

Thanks in advance for your review & advice. God Bless.

Tom

Parker replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 27, 2021 at 8:28 am
  • Tom

August 27, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Joe,

Here are pictures of the LVP corner showing Tongue & Groove. This design T&G appears to go together well; tongue into groove or groove into tongue. The planking lays flat and the joint goes together well either way.

Also, some updates on the drawing. You have the room naming correct. North is to the right, where the big arrow points. Planking runs N & S The house is full of furniture (& things) and shuffling that around is no fun but must be done. I had originally planned starting in the Main Hall and working into the rooms on the north side (Laundry & Kitchen) then the east bedroom. Saving the west bedroom and bath for last. That would have me working backwards in those two rooms and a couple closets.

Recovery from surgery is usually a challenge, I have had my share. Do not overdo things, only spend a little time each day getting back into what used to be normal activities. No apologizes are necessary. My wife is having a knee replaced 10/1, the floor has to be down by then!!

God Bless,

Tom

• Joe

Administrator
    August 28, 2021 at 11:40 am

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/crjuDgrlVF

• Tom

August 28, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Thank you Joe, That is a GREAT blueprint. Even if you did have to start with my very rough drawing.

I am still clearing rooms and relocating furniture. Finished shoring up a squeaky bathroom floor and need to start with the Ardex in dips and sanding down a few high spots. soon

We are near Lansing, MI and have been suffering thru the heat with you. When we do get rain, it seems to be a deluge.

As I stated earlier, do not overwork yourself coming out of surgery, your body takes time to recover and I’m sure you have a therapy schedule to maintain.

God Bless,

Tom

• Parker

September 10, 2022 at 11:03 pm

Hi Tom,

I’d love to hear how you’re liking your Flooret floors? It’s one that I’m considering and it would be helpful to hear a firsthand report.