Will be installing LVP soon, just need to get rid of the tile in some areas of the house. I will be installing LVP in pretty much the entire house, including bathrooms (2000 sq ft). Using Republic’s Pure SPC Max planks (7 1/8” x 60”). Could really use your help in figuring out where to start as I’m feeling overwhelmed.
A few of my questions:
1. I was thinking I could start in the “hallway” on the left side of the house. It’s not technically a hallway but from the entry it does run the length of the house. Or is it best to start in the real hallway on the right. Thoughts?
2. Do I need to use end caps for the entries and sliding door? I have a gas fire place that is about 6” off the floor – do I just lay the planks up against the wall or do I need an end cap for that as well?
3. I have quite a bit of angles in this house, as you can see I circled in red a spot near the entry, as an example. How would I go about tackling this?
4. Any tips on installing LVP in bathrooms/ around toilets? Do I just lay the planks against the tubs, or do I leave a gap and use an end cap?
4. I am also shaky on how to make sure I don’t wind up with H joints, how to get everything to flow correctly without transitions, or how to make sure I leave enough room between the walls and the planks, while making sure I don’t leave too much of a gap that the baseboards don’t cover it. I know these are covered in your videos, but I guess I need to just stop second guessing myself and just start installing.
Sorry for all the questions, I am still watching your videos and taking notes, but thought it was time to send my blueprint over. Appreciate all the help you provide! -Sara