Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Sara on August 16, 2021 at 1:09 am

Hi Joe,

Will be installing LVP soon, just need to get rid of the tile in some areas of the house. I will be installing LVP in pretty much the entire house, including bathrooms (2000 sq ft). Using Republic’s Pure SPC Max planks (7 1/8” x 60”). Could really use your help in figuring out where to start as I’m feeling overwhelmed.

A few of my questions:

1. I was thinking I could start in the “hallway” on the left side of the house. It’s not technically a hallway but from the entry it does run the length of the house. Or is it best to start in the real hallway on the right. Thoughts?

2. Do I need to use end caps for the entries and sliding door? I have a gas fire place that is about 6” off the floor – do I just lay the planks up against the wall or do I need an end cap for that as well?

3. I have quite a bit of angles in this house, as you can see I circled in red a spot near the entry, as an example. How would I go about tackling this?

4. Any tips on installing LVP in bathrooms/ around toilets? Do I just lay the planks against the tubs, or do I leave a gap and use an end cap?

4. I am also shaky on how to make sure I don’t wind up with H joints, how to get everything to flow correctly without transitions, or how to make sure I leave enough room between the walls and the planks, while making sure I don’t leave too much of a gap that the baseboards don’t cover it. I know these are covered in your videos, but I guess I need to just stop second guessing myself and just start installing.

Sorry for all the questions, I am still watching your videos and taking notes, but thought it was time to send my blueprint over. Appreciate all the help you provide! -Sara

Joe replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 16, 2021 at 8:45 am

I will get on this and get this to you today.

• Joe

Administrator
    August 17, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/crjbbpYPMd

Here is a link I shared in the video – https://youtu.be/X9OO2COlD2s

• Sara

August 18, 2021 at 1:48 am

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to walk me through the entire blueprint, this is such an amazing resource. I feel much better knowing the exact steps I should be taking. Thank you and God bless!

• Sara

October 19, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Hi @joeletendre

We’ve been working on the floors and it’s going slowly but it’s looking good. I purchased quarter rounds for my exterior doors, but I’m wondering how I install the quarter round on concrete slab with the door frame. Does the quarter round just get sandwiched between the door frame? How much of a gap do I leave between the planks and the door? It’s also pretty difficult to nail anything to the planks, so is there a specific glue you’d recommend here? The threshold is metal. Thank you for your help!

• Joe

Administrator
    October 20, 2021 at 8:56 am